Home

Can we have a patch for a proper acc clock?

This is a discussion on Can we have a patch for a proper acc clock? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 33
Can we have a patch for a proper acc clock?

I don;t like how the last 20 seconds of each quarter, the acc clock stops running. And in the last 2 minutes of each half...

Theres about 16 plays in the 2 minutes at the end of each half... what gives.

Please give us the ability to run clock CONSISTENTLY throughout the whole game.

Nothing worst than waiting 39 seconds x4 in the last 2 minutes of a game, where in ncaa it takes 15 seconds to kneel 4 times and run out the 2 mins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Can we have a patch for a proper acc clock?

I lost a game last night in OT 33-27.

However take note of the following:

1) The Shankmeter Eleven Thousand failed to register my button mashing making for a missed XP.

2) With 11 seconds in the half and no timeouts at my 30, my opponent decided to take a risky shot at the endzone. I gambled on a nickel blitz and sacked him with 6 seconds to go, thinking that's the half. Not. Press the magic gameflow warp the FG unit on the field, and the kick is good.

There isn't a need to save timeouts at the end of a half because the acc clock fails to work under 2 minutes AND gameflow's magic warp button.

Just wait for someone to pull that on you, if your controller doesn't eat the wall I'd be surprised.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with OP 100%. NCAA does a good job with the 10 second run-off after each play to simulate the time it takes to huddle. Also, the 25 second acc clock doesn't run 25 seconds off the clock.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would agree to that but quarter length would have to go down to 5 minutes at least.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

i just find it ridiculous that i can run 17 plays in the final two minutes of a half. The same amount that can take an entire quarter. (with acc clock)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

EA is out of touch on this one. The community has told them time and time again why accelerated clock should run the whole game. We've taken polls, presented strong arguments, and poof -- still no change.

I'm still waiting for a developer to let us know why the accelerated clock should be off in the last two minutes. The flow of the game is completely different at the end of the half/game because of this gaff...
Old 08-31-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I remember a PC game in the 90s called Front Page Sports Football which had a great accelerated clock system. The run-off was based on how long it took you to call a play. It went something like this:

Call a play within 5 seconds, break huddle with 25 seconds on the playclock.
Call a play within 6-10 seconds, break huddle with 17 seconds on the playclock.....

If I recall correctly, the accelerated clock for the cpu would reflect the situation in the game (less run-off if the cpu was trailing in the 4th, more if the cpu was sitting on a lead).
Old 08-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
EA is out of touch on this one. The community has told them time and time again why accelerated clock should run the whole game. We've taken polls, presented strong arguments, and poof -- still no change.

I'm still waiting for a developer to let us know why the accelerated clock should be off in the last two minutes. The flow of the game is completely different at the end of the half/game because of this gaff...
More points, more fun. Why else?

I think someone keeps forgetting that there's a player on the other side of that fun, not having fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »