Home

thinking of buying...is NCAA really better?

This is a discussion on thinking of buying...is NCAA really better? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: thinking of buying...is NCAA really better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
to really make defensive play better, the core gamefiles need overwritten not just the roster file. i think some guys are just delusional and WANT it to be better.
Ok, now we are delusional.

I'm pretty sure most of us know the difference between coding in a game and roster tweak. No one has said the D is fixed completely and to anyone's satisfaction.

Offline, on all-pro, I can tell there have been tweaks made to make the D a bit better.

We are all waiting for the patches, not delusional, as you might suggest.

Last edited by roadman; 09-03-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #26
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I think what Falcon's is addressing is how defensive alignment, blocking and coverage/ routes have been in all the recent Madden series. I got this from reading people's complaints about M11 defense on this board. It does not seem like something that can be fixed in a patch because they would probably need to reprogram the entire offense and defense interaction.

NCAA seems to have trouble with zone coverage and no WRs dropping balls when hit hard, which really will need to be tightened up also. That seems more patchable since most people seem pretty happy with the OL/DL interaction.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I think what Falcon's is addressing is how defensive alignment, blocking and coverage/ routes have been in all the recent Madden series. I got this from reading people's complaints about M11 defense on this board. It does not seem like something that can be fixed in a patch because they would probably need to reprogram the entire offense and defense interaction.

NCAA seems to have trouble with zone coverage and no WRs dropping balls when hit hard, which really will need to be tightened up also. That seems more patchable since most people seem pretty happy with the OL/DL interaction.
I understand what he is saying and I don't know if there will be a complete fix for D in the patch.

All I'm saying, since some of us have been using the new rosters, we have noticed the D plays a bit better. Playmakers, in the slider section, said he has to come up with a higher QBA because of the new roster tightened up the D.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #28
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I have both games and enjoy both. Once you get the sliders adjusted to your liking in Madden (you will need to adjust sliders for now, not sure about post-patch), it plays a really good game of football.

NCAA 11 is a blast, too. I think if I had to choose just one game, I would go with NCAA just b/c of Dynasty Mode and the fact that there's more teams to choose from (more offensive/defensive styles) in NCAA than Madden.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #29
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
AJ, question for you.

Do you think some of us are seeing a placebo effect on the latest rosters on Madden? Have you tried them, yet?

Some of us feel that the D was tweaked with zone and man coverages, including Playmakers. He adjusted some of his sliders because of this.

Thoughts? Is it possible to tweak the D with a roster update? I know it's different from patching a code.
Long story behind this, but I don't actually have internet access for my console as of the day that roster update came out. I have wireless access at home, but no broadband. What's really sad is I was visiting my son in Bismarck the day the roster came out, and I'd just packed up my PS3 to head back to Minneapolis when I read the roster was out. It didn't even occur to me to hook it back up real quick and download it.

So, unfortunately, I do not have an opinion on this yet. I generally have to drag the PS3 over to my neighbor's apt. to get updates. Since the NCAA patch is coming out on the 7th, I'll probably wait until then to do it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 7

I consider myself a huge NFL fan. I even play fantasy football. But this NCAA11 game is so good I have even become interested in college games.
Bottom line is NCAA11 represents college football VERY WELL.
Madden11 is just week old bread. Sorry, but reality is what it is. MY opinion of course.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

IMO

Dynasty Mode > Franchise Mode due to depth and immersion. Franchise feels stale and shallow.

NCAA presentation style > Madden presentation style due to ESPN integration and better commentary in general.

NCAA 11 semblance to actual college football > Madden's semblance to actual NFL football due to Madden's poor defensive AI leading to constant shoot outs.

Don't get me wrong, Madden is a good game this year, and definitely the best outing yet. However there doesn't seem to be much new to reel me in this year and keep me hooked. The changes in locomotion are great on O. And I appreciate what they've done or tried to do with Game Flow and the Strategy Pad. But for the first time ever, I think NCAA completely overtook Madden, and is the more impressive product...and based on the patches released and to come shortly, NCAA 11 is the better supported game from its respective team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 11

NCAA 11 > Madden 11....simple as that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »