Home

Fix the wildcat!

This is a discussion on Fix the wildcat! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 22
Re: Fix the wildcat!

I don't understand Madden on this one. The WC is ever present in NCAA, with no limitations, yet you don't hear anyone complaining about it. If it isn't cheese in NCAA it won't be in Madden, plain and simple. You should be able to scramble in pass plays, which can be easily patched in the game, as well as the player pausing as soon as he gets the ball. Patch the WC, so that it is actually somewhat usefull.

/end rant
Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11

I agree, in last year's game, I liked using the Wildcat as a short yardage package, but now it is a complete waste of a playcall.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 49

I use the Browns, and I tried about 6 or 7 runs with Cribbs just to see if I could get some yards. Nothing....a loss every single down. Then with 5 seconds left in the game, I figured I'd just run out the clock with a cribb run again. Well what do you know, he broke a 50 yard run for a TD(broke lkike 6 tackles,lol).

The game is scripted way to much, and for the most part wild cat is a waste of a play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd
Ok I know this has been addressed before but I just have to say it again. EA FIX THE DAMN WILDCAT. I understand they want to limit it for online play but that's not fair to the majority of us who play offline most of the time where the Wildcat isn't even an option package because each play is either a set run or pass and its essentially useless and usually results in a loss of yards whenever you use it.

I personally would rather have them fix the wildcat and simply ban the formation from online play then keep it in its current state.

what do you say?
The wildcat is so awesome. I usually get a touchdown off it. I just went 75-30 against the computer on all-pro using only the wildcat formation.

Last edited by Arronwy; 09-02-2010 at 07:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »