Home

Game froze after winning Super Bowl

This is a discussion on Game froze after winning Super Bowl within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #33
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Game froze after winning Super Bowl

This just happened to me in my second season of my Pack dynasty. Just beat the Steelers and it froze during the parade. This is ridiculous
Old 11-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7

It's never frozen mid-parade for me, but has done on exit. I usually play the superbowl (if I'm in it), then just sim it (and re-sim it to get the right result) if it fails.

Interesting the Superbowl AI is different. Anyone have any idea what this causes regards game play? Last season (season 3) I went 1 - 4 before winning NFC West on 8 - 8 (HAH! As if an 8 - 8 record would win NFC West irl ).

Then I scraped through the first 3 post-season games before blowing out the Patriots in the superbowl, something like 55 - 14.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #35
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
This just happened to me in my second season of my Pack dynasty. Just beat the Steelers and it froze during the parade. This is ridiculous
I assume you have Patch 3 and so it didn't fix the problem. What I do is skip scenes and go right to Exit game--I don't even look at the Stats. When I get back to the regular screen, I go to Team Schedule and check the Stats.

I agree it's ridiculous, and a real shame we can't enjoy the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #36
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
I assume you have Patch 3 and so it didn't fix the problem. What I do is skip scenes and go right to Exit game--I don't even look at the Stats. When I get back to the regular screen, I go to Team Schedule and check the Stats.

I agree it's ridiculous, and a real shame we can't enjoy the moment.
Yeah, maybe I'll try that next time, Yeah I was on the latest patch too. This happened right when I was beginning to sort of enjoy the game, its so frustrating.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #37
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

I've played two SB's in my Redskins franchise- didn't go to either of them, just wanted to play the game. Got the freeze in Year 2 after losing to the Colts. Played the game over as the Colts, won, and no problem.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #38
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah this bug is unfortunate.

It does not happen the 1st year, but every year after that. So if you get to, and win the SuperBowl in year 1, you can watch all the full scenes play out. but in year 2 or later it will freeze if you go to the superbowl. I just let it play out till it does freeze and re-sim till I get the same result.

I doubt if EA is even aware of this bug. I say that since this original thread is months old, and 4 patches have come and gone without a fix.

Or, maybe its like the IR bug. They know about it. But just cant/dont fix it.

*shrugs* who knows.

Tack this one up on the wall of previously reported bugs that never seem to get fixed. (Some of which have been around for years.)

-The IR bug
-Rookie draftee contract demand bug.
-Tackle stat tracking bug.
-The accelerated clock bug.
-And now the Obama Super Bowl Freeze bug.

They definetly know about the first 3, since Madden'09 and '10. But for whatever reason they never fix them.

Last edited by kpkpkp; 11-02-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was hit by this bug a couple days ago and I am thoroughly disgusted with Madden 11. I was actually starting to enjoy my franchise again. I made it to the super bowl in year 2 with my Eagles, low and behold I win the game and it freezes during the parade. I played again, and it froze around the same spot. Am I supposed to sim now? Does this happen after year 2?

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Old 11-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
It does not happen the 1st year, but every year after that.
wrong .. ive played 3 season of madden , been to thw superbowl each time.

season 1 - no freeze
season 2 - freeze
season 3 - no freeze

funny cos the only time it froze is when i won my first superbowl and i wanted to watch the celebrations until the very end .. maybe that's the problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »