Home

Found how to make GameFlow not make LBs cover WR!!!

This is a discussion on Found how to make GameFlow not make LBs cover WR!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Found how to make GameFlow not make LBs cover WR!!!

This is great!!! Not sure why I didn't think of this before... thanks to the poster(s) who thought of this...

You guys are touching on this, but basically what I've found is the "normal" defense gameplans are being used anytime the offense is in the first down (unless it's hail mary or goal line time). So anytime the offense lines up in 3, 4, or 5 WR in first down you'll still see the 4-3 plays being called (provided these are the formations in your "normal" gameplan). Sounds like someone tried popping a dime formation in here, but since it's random you would indeed would get a dime coming out for heavy packages run on first down as well (goaline, I formation). Not too cool.

What needs to be done is throw out the "normal" completely. It's not consistent with the rest of the ways the plays are set. 3 WR, Trip Defense, Goal line; these are good, smart ways to set it up. But normal or default??? What does that mean? Needs to be "2WR" or something like that. If a team consistenly rolls out 4 or 5 WR's on your D than obviously your D will very very sparingly run a "normal" D like a 4-3 or something. You'll see Nickel or Dime Heavy packages. My suggestion, stay consistent. Throw out "normal" or default or whatever and just tweak to coincide with all the other defensive packages (basically if you kept "normal" than you should have 2nd down defense, 3rd down defense, etc....but that's pretty bogus and wouldn't work)
Old 09-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #18
Rookie

Um...am I missing something? I tried doing this (assigned all Saint CB's on Pats WR's) and they marched up the field first down after first down. every single replayed showed the base 4-3 with the slow as molasses LB's covering the third and fourth WR

I'm gameflowing with their basic, unedited D and realize the play call will be the incorrect normal, 4-3 D, but I thought changing the Defensive Assignments would auto sub the CB's for the LB's??!?!?! What am I missing and/or doing wrong??

Let's see what they do when I'm on O... (changed the CPU ones as well)
Old 09-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryMurphMan
Um...am I missing something? I tried doing this (assigned all Saint CB's on Pats WR's) and they marched up the field first down after first down. every single replayed showed the base 4-3 with the slow as molasses LB's covering the third and fourth WR

I'm gameflowing with their basic, unedited D and realize the play call will be the incorrect normal, 4-3 D, but I thought changing the Defensive Assignments would auto sub the CB's for the LB's??!?!?! What am I missing and/or doing wrong??

You're getting the same thing I am.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:

you can't really expect the lb's to be replaced with cb's in a 4-3? first of all thats never going to happen. you're not gonna be in a 4-3 with no lbs and only corners and dt/de.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne
you can't really expect the lb's to be replaced with cb's in a 4-3? first of all thats never going to happen. you're not gonna be in a 4-3 with no lbs and only corners and dt/de.
I certainly didn't expect it but I thought that was the point of this thread and the OP...that the defensive assignments trump any type of formations and will always lineup said selected defender against the offensive guy he's assigned to (regardless of formation). Unless I missing something, when else would a LB be replaced by a CB if this wasn't the case? I figured the CB would cover him if it was goal line, 4-3, nickel, dime, etc. Maybe I misread/misunderstood....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 02:08 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I certainly didn't expect it but I thought that was the point of this thread and the OP...that the defensive assignments trump any type of formations and will always lineup said selected defender against the offensive guy he's assigned to (regardless of formation). Unless I missing something, when else would a LB be replaced by a CB if this wasn't the case? I figured the CB would cover him if it was goal line, 4-3, nickel, dime, etc. Maybe I misread/misunderstood....
The OP is saying with these changes gameflow will no longer call a base defense against a 3+ wr set, but you and I see the same thing: on first downs, gameflow will call "normal" plays. Do you also own a PS3? I doubt it matters, but I'm curious, as other people say it works and you and I agree that it doesn't.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:

this trick doesn't work, sorry folks. i've tried multiple times.

the Pats have 5 CBs. I played the colts with two controllers and assigned the 5 CBs to the 5 WRs first thing.

I manually choose a 5 WR set for the colts and everytime gameflow called a base 3-4 man, all 4 of my LBs were still there with only the 2 CBs.

again, note that the OP tip is incorrect, unfortunately

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-05-2010, 07:22 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
I certainly didn't expect it but I thought that was the point of this thread and the OP...that the defensive assignments trump any type of formations and will always lineup said selected defender against the offensive guy he's assigned to (regardless of formation).

nope, you understood correctly. the OP certainly is trying to say this, but it just DOES NOT WORK.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »