Home

Found an Interesting Article

This is a discussion on Found an Interesting Article within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Found an Interesting Article

****Yawn****

It's time to move on.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sort of Irish
Rosters that are wrong, players wearing the wrong equipment, uniforms that are dicked up, players that are the wrong ethnicity, etc..
What you think these weren't issues for both companies games prior to the exclusive deal? These problems have zero to do with this subject.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What you think these weren't issues for both companies games prior to the exclusive deal? These problems have zero to do with this subject.
I think it has everything to do with this subject. Fact is anyone that wants to enjoy the NFL on their console has one option and the Madden developers know this. And because of the monopoly I think the details in the game suffer.

Players wearing the wrong equipment year after year is just a symptom of the bigger problem which is exclusivity. Without any competition why should EA even care? They're going to sell thousands of copies of Madden regardless of the backlash because there will always be a demand for an NFL football game.

Yeah, and sales have gone down this year but I'm not entirely convinced that necessarily means we will get a better game in 2012.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 09-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sort of Irish
I think it has everything to do with this subject. Fact is anyone that wants to enjoy the NFL on their console has one option and the Madden developers know this. And because of the monopoly I think the details in the game suffer.

Players wearing the wrong equipment year after year is just a symptom of the bigger problem which is exclusivity. Without any competition why should EA even care? They're going to sell thousands of copies of Madden regardless of the backlash because there will always be a demand for an NFL football game.

Yeah, and sales have gone down this year but I'm not entirely convinced that necessarily means we will get a better game in 2012.
Again those problem were around with both game makers games, long before the deal. Not to mention things like equipment and rosters are pretty minor. To say those issues are due to exclusivity is beyond stupid.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #21
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
****Yawn****

It's time to move on.
BK, I don't think there will be any moving on from this ever, or forgetting what we had with NFL2K, this will never end until we see another 2k and that's just the truth.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Why should we move on? Ever since the exclusivity deals, outside graphics Madden has not improved. Sure they have introduced 20 new features since the deal was signed, but we have lost 30+ more.

If EA made the same type of jump from 03 to 04 then 04 to 05 with 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 ,and 11, then this years game would be game of the year material. But lets face it, do you honestly feel that any next gen Madden is an improvement gameplay and features wise over Madden 05? You might say yes, but I bet the majority would say no in a heartbeat.

Had EA just not dropped the ball with Madden, then these topics would nerve show up. I would have forgotten about 2k5 if Madden had just surpassed it like they should have in 06 and 07. But its 2010 and there are still many many things 2k5 does better that just make my head shake in disappointment. I really don't want to turn this into a 2k vs Madden thread, but its the only example most people know, and its the latest example, It makes no sense to bring Joe Montana Football into this argument when it was made ages ago when this deal was never even thought of.

― Plato
Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I wanted to let this stay open but it continues to head down the same path as usual.

It started as a "not hating Madden thread", and turns into in the end anyway.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »