Home

Last-Gen Franchise Fans

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Franchise Fans within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Last-Gen Franchise Fans

For you die-hard franchise fans, you hafto admit the last solid Franchise mode was in 2007 on the PS2/XBox. The progression was right, you had training camp and player roles, you could hire and fire coaches, etc...

So what do you guys do to satisfy the franchise itch now? Madden on 360 has not done it for me. I played Madden 07 on Xbox until the machine started screwing up (which takes alot for the original Xbox) and would freeze up all the time. I bought Madden 10 on PS2 but after being used to Xbox I couldn't handle the AWFUL load times to sim a season or even go through training camp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Last-Gen Franchise Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbobo
For you die-hard franchise fans, you hafto admit the last solid Franchise mode was in 2007 on the PS2/XBox. The progression was right, you had training camp and player roles, you could hire and fire coaches, etc...

So what do you guys do to satisfy the franchise itch now? Madden on 360 has not done it for me. I played Madden 07 on Xbox until the machine started screwing up (which takes alot for the original Xbox) and would freeze up all the time. I bought Madden 10 on PS2 but after being used to Xbox I couldn't handle the AWFUL load times to sim a season or even go through training camp.
Not buy Madden.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Madden 08 for PC. Mods are available to completely update the rosters and the GUI. It has the great last gen franchise mode and is great to play on a laptop while away from your game systems. PS2 style gamepads and the 360 gamepad work, but I prefer to just play coach mode and work through the best franchise mode to date.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

i couldn't take 2007 because of the absurd number of HB carries you get in franchise mode. guys getting 2,000 yards at 3.5 yards per attempt drove me nuts.

i always stuck with 2006 until this year (360).
Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I always have the temptation to get madden 11 on ps2 just for the franchise mode but the game itself just looks and feels outdated. The graphics actually look worse than they did on Madden 05. I guess they have to cut back somewhere to add a few new features every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 03:02 AM   #6
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

...go get it...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't mind the ps3 franchise mode, I mean it's far from perfect but it's still enjoyable enough for me to play. I'm really looking forward to the potential for M12's one which from what I've gathered there's already some people working on? I'm happy enough with what it is now but I know it could be much much better. Haven't played 11's franchise yet, waiting for season rosters but from what I've gathered it's basically 10 with a few tuning fixes?

I do agree that the ps2 versions were much more fun and in depth. I loved so many little touches that were involved. Some of my favourites were:
  • Tony Bruno Show
  • Newspaper stories that got dry after 2 seasons (but still fun)
  • Player roles that were in M07? (1st round bust, late round gem, clutch QB/K, game manager)
Current franchise is fun & simple but I know it could be much better.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiepats89
I don't mind the ps3 franchise mode, I mean it's far from perfect but it's still enjoyable enough for me to play. I'm really looking forward to the potential for M12's one which from what I've gathered there's already some people working on? I'm happy enough with what it is now but I know it could be much much better. Haven't played 11's franchise yet, waiting for season rosters but from what I've gathered it's basically 10 with a few tuning fixes?

I do agree that the ps2 versions were much more fun and in depth. I loved so many little touches that were involved. Some of my favourites were:
  • Tony Bruno Show
  • Newspaper stories that got dry after 2 seasons (but still fun)
  • Player roles that were in M07? (1st round bust, late round gem, clutch QB/K, game manager)
Current franchise is fun & simple but I know it could be much better.

Yeah I played 2007 PS2 Madden to death.

Playing with 2011 PS3....like it. It is no frills and will get me to 2012 when I have very high expectatons of the overhaul I keep hearing about.

Fingers crossed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »