Home

Things you plan to do in Owners Mode.

This is a discussion on Things you plan to do in Owners Mode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2003, 01:30 PM   #33
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Things you plan to do in Owners Mode.

I'm going to control every team and make some major changes, mostly to teams I don't like. First, I'm moving the Cardinals to Oregon. Then I'm moving the Bills to Canada, probably to Toronto. It depends on what we're allowed to do, but many teams will get new logos and unis. I'm thinking specifically of the Seahawks (new logo), the Colts (new nickname) and he Titans (definitely a new logo--out with the "flaming thumbtack). I hope I don't have to sim 5 years for all this stuff to get done, but if I have to, I have to!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:57 PM   #34
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The Bills

1) Raise ticket prices slightly
2) Trade Travis Henry before trade deadline if he's having a great season in exchange for some defense or another RB
3) tweak the uniform
4) move them to Toronto
Old 07-31-2003, 02:53 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

EvilSonGoku said:
Quote:

NinersFan said:
Incidentally, I heard relocating and stadium building are quite difficult - everything needs approval - and maybe won't happen for the first couple of years of a franchise.

Anyone know any different?

Yep, I heard the same thing. Can't remeber the article, but someone wrote that they tried to relocate, but it got turned down b/c the city would not approve the stadium in that particular city they wanted to move to. I think EA will make relocating a little difficult so that there is replayability in the game. It'll force you to want to play 5-10 years so you can get enough cash flow to move etc...

Thats what I heard also. Which I think is GREAT! Ill take over as the Niners Owner and do everything pretty realisitc. I dont like trading for all these superstars and doing things that would never happe. But hey its your game have fun. Ill def get the Niners a new stadium when I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 02:54 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
The Bills

2) Trade Travis Henry before trade deadline if he's having a great season in exchange for some defense or another RB

Start Willis McGahee!
Old 07-31-2003, 02:58 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

EvilSonGoku said:
Quote:

NinersFan said:
Incidentally, I heard relocating and stadium building are quite difficult - everything needs approval - and maybe won't happen for the first couple of years of a franchise.

Yep, I heard the same thing. Can't remeber the article, but someone wrote that they tried to relocate, but it got turned down b/c the city would not approve the stadium in that particular city they wanted to move to. I think EA will make relocating a little difficult so that there is replayability in the game. It'll force you to want to play 5-10 years so you can get enough cash flow to move etc...

Thats what I heard also. Which I think is GREAT! Ill take over as the Niners Owner and do everything pretty realisitc. I dont like trading for all these superstars and doing things that would never happe. But hey its your game have fun. Ill def get the Niners a new stadium when I can.

It will suck for people who cant wait to move their team somewhere else, cuz IGN.com(i think) said that if you sim years in owner mode that you would lose money or something like that.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:04 PM   #38
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Makaveli said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
The Bills

Start Willis McGahee!

That's what I intend to do but if I don't get a good defensive player I might as well trade for a back up for McGahee as i've heard his injury rating is a bit high.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:19 PM   #39
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Hire a miracle team of 40,000 people to build a Vikings stadium in one year. Actually that reminds me....do you have to wait like 3 years for the stadium to be built?
Old 07-31-2003, 07:54 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

NinersFan said:

I also heard that is it almost impossible to trade for another teams superstar. So if you hope to trade for Vick, or Urlacher, or Boston, then you're gonna need a lot of luck to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »