Home

Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #33
Rookie

dixiebum18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDanjo
Are the depth charts close to accurate for the teams? If not, is their a place with that information is consolidated? Thanks in advance.

They are now that the roster update came out on Friday. There are still some changes that need to be made on a team to team basis though
Old 09-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebum18
If you are talking about changing your offense and defense, you can do this from the screen before you start the game. Same place as uniform changes pre-game by using R2 on ps3, prob RB on xbox
I was referring to the CPU controlled teams..Like when you switch one team to 4-3 all of them switch..I was just wondering if anyone had came up with a solution
Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #35
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputney23
I was referring to the CPU controlled teams..Like when you switch one team to 4-3 all of them switch..I was just wondering if anyone had came up with a solution
I haven't heard of a workaround yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3
I decided after seeing how much worse Madden 10 was as compared to Madden 09 that I wouldn't buy Madden 11 this year, but I might as well gather some information. So, I have a few questions about the new game.

1: Is franchise mode fixed?

I love creating a new team with crappy players so I'd have a high draft position for a few years and so I can build my team. However, in Madden 11, it seemed impossible. No matter how bad my team was, I'd always finish 7-9 or 8-8. It was mainly because no matter how bad you DEs (in a 4-3) or OLBs (in a 3-4) are, they ALWAYS get double digit sacks. Pair that with the game reverting to the horrible running engine where running backs would consistently run for 2000 yards, and Madden 10 was awful if you wanted realistic results. Has Madden 11 made a step in the right direction for this?

2: Is the draft system in Madden 11 made more difficult?

I loved the fact that Madden 10 tried to make the draft more realistic, with high projected prospects not being talented and with late round gems. However, it was still too easy because:

1. The players with the most potential on the draft scouting screen usually end up being late round projections but still end up having A potential.

and

2. The pentagon thing for each draftee's bio showed you how talented they are and thus, it's easy to see if they're good or bad.

The system wasn't great, but it was certainly a move in the right direction. Have they made it any better since last year?

3: Is superstar mode even in the game anymore?

I remember when Madden 07 came out with the new superstar mode, and it was so much fun. I loved the immersion factor of it, and it was definitely cool. Seeing Madden 09 strip it down a bit disappointed me, but then seeing Madden 10's version made me really mad. Really, all you could do was play games and practice. You couldn't even retire on your own! Does Madden 11 even bother with this one anymore?

Any help appreciated.
they did nothing to franchise mode which is why alot of people are playing ncaa over madden.the draft they fixed online somewhat ...Most things that are worth while are offline they did bring the player creation back finally..speed button gone and its dumb because now there saying once you break away in the open no corner back or safety can catch you from behind unless you got 70 something speed compared to 90 speed
Old 09-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #37
Rookie

How do I apply the roster update to my offline franchise?
Old 09-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #38
Rookie

MaddiesDaddy's Arena

OVR: 1

PS3 Noob here. Just got it this week. Now have Madden. Forum looks great. Can't wait to get going with the game.

Question...sorry if it's a dumb one...but is paying the $9.99 access fee the only way to apply the EA roster updates once your 7 day free trial runs out?

I did try searching for the answer all over the web and surprisingly found only passive answers to this. Please help.

Thanks,
MD
Old 09-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #39
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

If you bought the game new, the manual should have a code. If you bought it used, the person who owned it before you most likely used it themselves--but you could still try.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love India
How do I apply the roster update to my offline franchise?
Anyone with some help?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »