Home

Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #49
Rookie

McBeastie's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Re: Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360)

Hey guys. Does anyone know if game difficulty affects player progression in Superstar mode?

I created a RB who was 74 OVR his rookie season. I played that season on All-Pro difficulty and ended up with 1,500+ yards and 17 TDs and his overall rating improved by 6 points.

The next season I played about halfway through on All-Pro, but lowered it to Pro because I wanted better numbers and thought I'd progress more. At the end of the season I finished with 2,500+ yards and 38 TDs, but I only improved overall by 5 points, 1 point less than the previous season.

My third season I played entirely on Pro difficulty and ended up with ridiculous stats. 3,800+ yards and 69 TDs. So I was disappointed to see I had only improved by 3 points overall.

I want to make sure before I increase the difficulty back to All-Pro and play an entire season that it'll actually have an affect on my progress. So does anyone know for sure?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:23 AM   #50
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360)

it been 2 months and there guys with over 800 games what going on are their young kids with no job or not in school
Old 10-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 11 Questions, Answers, and Discussion Thread Part II (PS3 and 360)

Madden NFL 11 reenergizes the game of football with a fun, exhilarating experience that ignites the passion of any NFL fan. A revamped Franchise mode puts you at the helm of your favorite NFL team, giving you the power to lead the greatest dynasty of all time in the deepest single-player experience to date. Lead your team to glory with Madden NFL 11, the ultimate NFL experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

What is the best team to use in franchise mode and for Trophis/achievements?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #53
Rookie

lordenforcer's Arena

First off, I have been playing the madden games on the PC for the coach mode franchises. I am now thinking about switching to the PS3 version, but have some questions before buying.

When doing an online franchise league, I am sure you have control over the majority of team management, such as roster moves, trades, free agent, drafting, setting team financials, etc.

My question is in the PS3 version is there a coach mode, where you call the play, but the computer runs the play for you. I read on the forums, about Online Sim Franchises, is this the same as what was known on the PC as a Coaching Mode Franchise?

Thanks in advance for any and all information you guys might provide.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #54
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

I have a question... Well I guess I have a few questions, but they all relate to the same thing. I like depth a versatility on my team. So I like players that can play 1,2 or 3 positions. A couple of examples would be Aaron Hernandez, the TE from the Pats. I use hime in my Cowboys franchise as my 2nd TE, my 1st or 2nd FB and somtimes let him run it from the RB position. I also use Earl Thomas the rookie FS from Texas/Seahawks as my FS and slide him into nickel/slot CB. My question is this. Does playing out of position effect progression? And if so, when and how? Like I can keep Hernandez at TE#2, FB#1 and use formation shift jumbo backfield to line him up at RB but what if I change his position to RB? Will he advance his running attributes? Or will he regress? Can I do it last second right before offseason when progression happens? Can I get Earl Thomas' press coverage to go up by moving him to corner? Or will he go down because he's playing out of position? I read somwhere on here that somone said if you "play" out of position you're ratings will go down AFTER your first couple of years(ie rookie and 2nd year progression still go up). But if I change my position to that "new" position I should be fine... right? Or if I continue to play my "natural" position in addition to playing other positions I should be fine... right? Also I ask this question because I plan on drafting a slash/QB/RB/WR type of QB like Kordell Stewart, Vick...etc. Most likely Robert Griffin from Baylor. So in his first couple fo years he needs to play wildcat, RB, and slot WR for me while I still use Romo as my main QB. Well because of Madden's limitations on subs, whether it's formation subs or depth chart. I HAVE to change his postion to RB... at least temporarily. Then can I switch him back to QB so his throwing stats get better? Or do I leave him at RB and risk his QB stats going down? Sorry about the long read, but some help and insight on this issue would be much appreciated. I'm gonna do some simming to see what happens. Thanks.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

For the life of me can someone please tell me what to adjust the auto-subs slider to to get my 2 HBs to split carries? Make the HBs sub more frequently? PLEASE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #56
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Nobody? Please help me with my previous post/question ^^^^. Everybody must be playing NBA 2k11, lol.... Be careful EA....
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »