Home

Give EA Some Credit.

This is a discussion on Give EA Some Credit. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Give EA Some Credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
All I'm saying is that it's a business and like any other business, there are budgets. If you continued to lose money with declining sales at a company, would you continue to pour more and more resources into your product with the hopes sales will pick up at some point? That's not a good reason to tell your investors and stockholders. It just isn't good business sense.

If EA dished out tons of resources for Madden after the license, it looks like that way didn't work.

In one year, Elite decides to transform their game and we give them an A for effort? I'd rather see the cash register results before I give them an attaboy.

I need to disagree with the minimal effort Madden has shown. In the past two years, the game has been geared more towards the hard core gamer compared to the 06-09 years. I don't think I need to give out examples as it's pretty evident.
So then how much money did it cost them to take Madden 10, add a couple of bogus graphic additions, and change gameplay slightly? Because that's all Madden 11 really is, from the feature list that I read.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechbutcher
Defense impossible, I don't think so. Hard yes I have been getting some shut outs lately even on heisman but this is being addressed soon by EA.
You mean ALL-Madden ?

cause Heisman is in NCAA and that is totally different game.

just curious
Old 09-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3
So then how much money did it cost them to take Madden 10, add a couple of bogus graphic additions, and change gameplay slightly? Because that's all Madden 11 really is, from the feature list that I read.
Yeah, I guess things like locomotion and better run blocking shouldn't be counted, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Yeah, I guess things like locomotion and better run blocking shouldn't be counted, right?
So I guess they didn't have run blocking the last 20 years?So it took them 20 years to finally put run blocking in the game.So I guess next year will have double hit tackles since it hasn't been in the game for the last 20 years? That should count for something right?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
So I guess they didn't have run blocking the last 20 years?So it took them 20 years to finally put run blocking in the game.So I guess next year will have double hit tackles since it hasn't been in the game for the last 20 years? That should count for something right?
Improved run blocking, that is, if you have Madden 11. No need for the sarcasm.

I have double hit tackles in the game I play, but not every play.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
I need to disagree with the minimal effort Madden has shown. In the past two years, the game has been geared more towards the hard core gamer compared to the 06-09 years. I don't think I need to give out examples as it's pretty evident.
Yep your right when I play online I like my score being 45-55.I guess thats being gear toward the hard core gamer.Like you said there losing money and guess what? They want a game that the causal players can play.(so they can make some of there money back.) Why do you think there are such big plays,broken tackles,easy run game that's hard to stop,There no defense sometime and sometime its there.I learned all this while read the forums and playing my first game of madden 11 two days ago.the first game I lost 65-to35.Gore only had 100 yards.The second game gore went nuts 335 yards I only thrown the ball 3 times because my friend couldn't stop Gore,but he still won the game 42-35.Then I went online and played the first game was 45-55 I won, the second was 65-45 I lost.All TD was Longer then 35 yards.

To me this isn't geared to the hard core it's geared to what people like that's TD and big plays.I am a D kind of guy if I have to give up points 35-24 and under I consider that good. Aleast in madden 10 I could hold some to under 35 here it seem like it want's to be a basketball game are a football Highlight reel.

Last edited by lofeazy; 09-06-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #39
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Ok, I'm closing this. There's always a "let's be positive" thread, and a "complaining about the complainers thread", and countless others that don't stay on track for more than 5 pages max. Sorry guys. But there are a lot of people who really like this game, so it must offer something and there are a lot of people who don't like the game, so it must fall short somewhere...either way , everyone is entitled to their opinion. Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »