Home

Games in Half the Time

This is a discussion on Games in Half the Time within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11
Games in Half the Time

What does that mean? I had no interest in getting Madden until I saw a commercial where they were touting this. Is it due to gameflow? If someone can tell how it's supposed to work, and if it really works, would appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Games in Half the Time

Not really. If it takes you 30 seconds to pick a play, then yes. But for me the games are the same length of time as always.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

Gameflow does help cut down on the amount of time it takes to play a game, but not by half. As the above poster said, if you took as much time as you could to pick every play in M10, but used Gameflow and 25 sec accelerated clock, then it would probably cut the time it took to play a game in half. For me, it used to take me about an hour to play a game, but it only takes about 40 minutes now.

One suggestion with Gameflow/Gameplanning: Put lots of plays in there. I made my own offensive gameplan, but didn't put a ton of plays in there, and I was running the same 3 plays all game. It got really annoying. After that game I went back and about tripled the amount of plays in each gameplan situation.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

Yeah I haven't seen much time taken off online games... maybe 2-5 mins shorter but moststill take 30-40 mins
Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Not really. If it takes you 30 seconds to pick a play, then yes. But for me the games are the same length of time as always.
but with scouting reports.....it's a wash. it doesn't cut down on game times really that much. personally, i don't use the scouting reports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
This...because if you think about it...if you have 25 or 20 second accelerated clock, it won't matter and gameflow will make no difference to the time a game takes.

Instance 1:
You ran a rush play or completed a pass and the clock keeps on running...if you choose gameflow the clock will then speed through 25 secondes (or whatever your setting is)...while if you manually choose a play and let's say for arguments sake it takes 10 seconds, the clock will only speed through 15 seconds...which in the end in both instances will take exactly the same amount of time.

Instance 2:
You threw an incomplete pass. Whether you use gameflow or manually select a play the game clock is stopped and it is here where the 5min difference is made...because the 10 seconds to manually select a play compared to 1 second using gameflow.

In the end using gameflow might make a small difference, but nearly as big as they advertised it, only minimal!

It was only a marketing strategy, and a lie by the way, nothing more

Last edited by R9NALD9; 09-07-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

As R9NALD9 mentions above, GameFlow doesn't do a lot if you play with the accelerated clock on. You'll only cut a couple of minutes of your game.

What could improve the time of the games is a significant reduction in the number of the cutscenes, or at least an option to let us choose our plays while they run. I personally hate spending 10-20 seconds on the introduction and coin toss on every game, and then have to skip through the same 7 cutscenes all through the game to get to the play calling scene. Preferably EA should look into incorporating a system like Real Time Presentations from MLB The Show 10 to make things look more natural.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #8
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
As R9NALD9 mentions above, GameFlow doesn't do a lot if you play with the accelerated clock on. You'll only cut a couple of minutes of your game.

What could improve the time of the games is a significant reduction in the number of the cutscenes, or at least an option to let us choose our plays while they run. I personally hate spending 10-20 seconds on the introduction and coin toss on every game, and then have to skip through the same 7 cutscenes all through the game to get to the play calling scene. Preferably EA should look into incorporating a system like Real Time Presentations from MLB The Show 10 to make things look more natural.
good point! I get frustrated having to watch replays after every single play...if they can cut that out or let you choose replay frequencies then it will reduce game time significantly! Or as mentioned here just let us continue selecting plays while these replays or cutscenes are being played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »