Home

Fake punt where the punter runs???

This is a discussion on Fake punt where the punter runs??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Fake punt where the punter runs???

In my franchise i have brian moorman, the punter with 90 speed, but is their any playbook that would have that? My best guess would be the bills but im not sure. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Fake punt where the punter runs???

I cant find one but a little tip i found. Pick a shotgun formation that you arent to fond with. I think a bunch works best. Sub ur kicker or punter as the qb in the qb. When u pick whatever play, the bottom screen which shows how many WR, HB, TE u have on field will say either field goal or punt depending on if its your kicker or punter at qb. Than rollout but prob will only work if its the punter on bills
Old 09-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

or you could just do a fake punt pass and take of running with da punter
Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
or you could just do a fake punt pass and take of running with da punter
Yea i know it works but if the guy is doing punt block ur dead in the water because you make a drop back and have to accelerate again. Madden should make a play where the punter runs on a direct snap or that famous one from last years preseason where you fake it behind your back.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I have a dynasty with Buffalo and didn't realize Moorman's speed until recently.

I actually ran a fake punt pass in a legit situation (4th and 4 from their 40) and started moving forward with Moorman before passing to make the pass shorter, but he was FLYING unexpectedly. So, I just ran it and got the yardage. I tried again in another game, but the computer was all over Moorman, so I threw it and couldn't connect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I have a dynasty with Buffalo and didn't realize Moorman's speed until recently.

I actually ran a fake punt pass in a legit situation (4th and 4 from their 40) and started moving forward with Moorman before passing to make the pass shorter, but he was FLYING unexpectedly. So, I just ran it and got the yardage. I tried again in another game, but the computer was all over Moorman, so I threw it and couldn't connect.
I kno madden needs to put something in ST to utilize that. I think it was bills vs titans last year, the titans had a guy come around behind the punter and he put the ball behind his back but went through w/ his kicking motion. It looked like he handed the ball off but he ran for a 40yd td on 4th and 10. They should put that, the end around and a pass from that fake in madden 12. That way it wouldnt mess up the conventional play call box because those are 3 plays right there.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

after sean taylor blasted him in the pro bowl a few years back, i heard moorman requested it be taken out of all madden playbooks. j/k.

but really, it would be nice to have. moorman has special speed for a punter and it would be nice to use it sometimes.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
after sean taylor blasted him in the pro bowl a few years back, i heard moorman requested it be taken out of all madden playbooks. j/k.

but really, it would be nice to have. moorman has special speed for a punter and it would be nice to use it sometimes.
i would imagine most teams wouldn't want to risk the punter getting hurt like that, but a fake punt formation with a direct snap to a running back should be in there. i think it used to be if i remember correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »