Home

Has ANYONE used any good NCAA draft classes?

This is a discussion on Has ANYONE used any good NCAA draft classes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Has ANYONE used any good NCAA draft classes?

Im in my fourth season, and I used Block-O first Roster set for two of the draft classes and i have to say I have some studs at RB,WR and Def.. but no QB to speak of.. I do have J.Locker backing up Eli and he is 71 with a B, but no starting QB from and Draft Class which is a little upseting, but I can live with the Stud RB, like Ingram,Murray, and a few others....
Old 09-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 13

I've had 2 classes with pretty good results, but I had to work it that way. I loaded an reloaded until at least one QB was high potential. Year one Locker got picked in the first round by the 49ers. Quiz Rodgers lasted til the 3rd round, when I selected him. He's got 93 speed, 96 accel. He's pretty good. Mike Pouncey went 3rd overall - he's the only top guy I remember cause I really wanted him and was pissed he went so high.

In year two, Andrew Luck is a predicted top 10 pick - I've yet to do the draft cause I'm working my way into the top 10 But this 2nd class is a great corner class. Janoris Jenkins ran a 4.29. Quite a few upper echelon corners.

All that said, you have to work on it. Sim to the final week of preseason, save before you advance. Then advance, load the class and scout the guys you think should be high. Sometimes QB's will jump up after scouting. If the class isn't up to your liking, keep working on it. If it looks like it will be (during week one), save it there under a new file name and sim to week 6. If it still looks good, just reload the week 1 save. Does that make sense?
Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not yet... I got Locker to go 7th overall once so far after I've been experimenting with draft classes. He went to the Seattle 7th overall and was 76 overall with B potential.

Amukamara went number one overall and was 89 overall with A potential.

So far it's the best draft so far but there were a lot of notable players that were missing or went in the late in the draft. Still, the things that bug me the most is the random equipment and player models.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »