Home

The untouchable 16-0 season...

This is a discussion on The untouchable 16-0 season... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The untouchable 16-0 season...

I've been undefeated on all madden about 5 times. But my most memorable season ironically was my 10-6 franchise.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
It's true. It's not a burn on Madden, but a vet of the game knows the AI's nuances. I do. I'm not a Madden legend by any means (I play stock All-Pro, always have...it gives me the most fair competition) and I have done the 16-0 thing, but it's not fun. I feel like it's cheating, or not as exciting and accomplished as going 13-3 and dominating the playoffs. 19-0 is inhuman, as proven by the seemingly superhuman Patriots.
i know dude. i was only kidding. it's unfortunate how easily one can go 16-0, even 19-0. but simming bores me so i'll have to live with unrealistic performances..
Old 09-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

I play my seasons but I have sim'ed a few (not saving them) just to see how the engine works and I find it to be flat out broken.

I created a bunch of guys for my franchise because I play franchsies co-op style with my buddy and we like to have ourselves in the game and friends in the game. I do not strive for realism so these players were all created with super high ratings of 95-97. To go with these players I have done some good moves and had an amazing draft after the first season where I was able to get the top 3 picks in the draft and found some gems in the 3-5 rounds. Basically, my team is stacked. Here is the list of my team after 2 seasons:

QB- (me) rated 98

HB 1- (steve noah) rated 99
HB 2- is a 2nd yr 86 with A potential

FB- Oren O'Neal an 80

WR 1- Demaryius Thomas who is now an 90
WR 2- friend of mine who is a 98
WR 3- Sweet 2nd yr guy drafted in the 5th round who is now an 86
WR 4- Devin Hester an 80
WR 5- A guy I just got in free agency rated an 84

TE 1- friend of mine rated 98
TE 2- Tom Santi rated a 78
TE 3- a guy I just got in free agency rated 79

LT- Ryan Clady a 98
LG- 2nd year first round pick who is now a 94
C- Alex Mack a 94
RG- Harvy Dahl a 90
RT- Bryan Bulaga a 90
the backup OL are pretty good as I have one guy who is an 88, another who is 81 and some I just drafted that are high 70s with A potential.

On D:

LE- friend of mine rated 99
RE- friend of mine rated 98
backup DEs are 73 and 78

DT1- Suh rated 96
DT2- 2nd year 4th round pick a 90
backup DT is 84

LOLB- 2nd year guy drafted a 94
LILB- a friend of mine a 98
RILB- AJ Hawk an 84
ROLB- Clay Mathews a 94
then I have a backup OLB who is 88 and just got a free agent ILB who is 84.

LCB- my brother a 99
RCB- Rodgers-Cromartie a 93
SS- friend of mine a 98
FS- 2nd year 5th rounder a 93
backup CBs are a min of 85 then I have Nick Collins as a backup safety (91) and another guy who is in the 80s

K- my last dog a 99
P- 2nd yr guy an 80

Of the 53 man roster only 13 guys are under an 80 rating and only 2 are under 75. Almost every guy I have drafted in the 2 drafts has had an A potential rating with maybe 2 guys a B rating.

Overall team rating is 94

So seeing this you'd think this team would dominate, correct? NOPE. The best I have seen simulating is 11-5 (a wildcard at that) with one being 8-8 and another 9-7. Steve and myself SUCK with Steve at best averaging 4.2 ypc and I never have had a rating above 85.

It is clear that the simulation engine is broken at least when it comes to a team with created players as starters. I am thinking the game randomly chooses which teams will do well regardless of player/team ratings.

For comparison sake in previous Maddens our super teams actually would have results that backed up the ratings/player quality ad had a handful of 16-0 seasons.

Last edited by pooch29; 09-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

Ii have had 2 teams go 0-16 differant years and have had a few teams finish with 2 evn 3 ties.ARZ in year 2 finished 6-8-2.CLE finished 3-10-3

Just some odd stuff when simulating....
Old 09-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #21
Rookie

bigdeezy95's Arena

OVR: 1

ive gone 16-0 4 years in a row winning the super bowl each year while i was the rams without a fantasy draft. this was about 7-8 years in when it started and my quarterback was Sam Bradford who reached 98 overall and i just worked my way to an incredible team. my worst started was a 94 i believe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

A couple years ago I was playing Madden 07 on my PS2 (I now have a PS3) I was the Bengals (My home team) I simulated the first season week by week reading the news articles & radio station (I think they should put them back in Madden) Turns out I went 16-0 with Carson Palmer (He had a 98 rating back then) Being injured 3 times! I went to the super bowl just to lose to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. (They were 11-5) I was so mad I could have done this
Old 01-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

I've never gone 16-0 (I think the best I've ever done was 12 or 13 wins). I do remember, though, on ps2 I created Pat White (he was a freshman or sophomore at the time at WVU, and I created him a few years into franchise when he would have been eligible in real life). I made his stats very similar to Mike Vick's and dropped him into the FA pool. He went to the CPU controlled Lions and after a couple seasons they were dominant and had at least 1 16-0 season, maybe 2. I know they would regularly win 14-15 games.

In that same franchise, the CPU controlled Falcons (who had the real Vick) also had at least one 16-0 season.

I think I would really lose interest if I put together a 16-0 season or had more than a couple Super Bowls in a row. I lose interest even if I win my division every year. As a fan, it's awesome to see your team dominate in real life, but only because it is so rare and so hard to do. If it happens in the game it often just feels cheap.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #24
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I think the sim engine is broken but this might be a work around. I usually play my games but if I decide to sim one I always let it play out in spectator mode. I figure the ingame engine simming the game is more likely to give you a true result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »