Home

Roster Updates & The Broken IR

This is a discussion on Roster Updates & The Broken IR within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Roster Updates & The Broken IR

Does anyone know or have an idea when they will release the Week 1 roster update??

Im asking because I just looked at the changes that were made on roster update 2 and I was disgusted. Players are being wrongly removed from teams for bad reasons such as too low on depth chart or because they on on IR. Or to make room for signing players because of IR players.

It looks to me like we wouldnt have this problem if the IR worked?? So whats the deal here?? EA knows it is broken and is blatantly working around it with bad roster updates. This doesnt seem like it would be hard to fix, SO DO IT ALREADY! Im tired of this.

I dont care how good or bad the player is. If EA is going to be unrealistic and release thw wrong guy all because the IR is broken, then just expand the roster limit from 53 to like 58. Be unrealistic that way, so we can atleast have accurate rosters.

Im sick of this broken IR issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Roster Updates & The Broken IR

Got to agree, though I'm sure you'll have a ton of people agreeing with you. I really don't understand the IR problem, being it's been a problem for year(s). I'm no programmer, so I'm not sure how hard it would be to fix.

As far as the Roster Updates, players randomly disappearing, ratings a little skewed, etc. I'm sure they'll address it sooner or later, hopefully before Thursday night / Opening Night.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It is frustrating but not the end of the world...ive been editing rosters since Sat...the bigger issue has been trying to fill holes in the OL..some teams currently have less than 10 lineman.

I recall reading something from EA regarding the IR either last yr or in 09 as to what would be involved to free up those 2-3 roster spots by implementing IR and was not a quick fix in a patch..not sure why as it did function accurately in previous Maddens...
Old 09-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I know the IR and roster limitations suck but there are some ways to get around it. Certain postions can be put on the depth chart in other spots. For example if your team only carries 3 offensive tackles take your 3rd string TE and change his position to tackle. Then on the depth chart move him back to TE and take him off the OT depth chart. They will have the same rating when you list them in the depth chart as a TE. Same thing if your team has 2 DT's. If you have enough DE's then change one to DT and fix the depth chart. This works for most position's.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I would expect an update mid week. I have faith in EA to get it right

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I have faith in EA to get it right
Not me... but hopefully they surprise me
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Madden actually allows up to 55 players on the roster fyi.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Or to make room for signing players because of IR players.

I swear that has been a prob forever! Is it really that hard to program the game to free up a roster spot when you put a guy on IR? I think it deducts his salary from your cap, but that's it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »