Home

Best Franchise Position Switches

This is a discussion on Best Franchise Position Switches within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Best Franchise Position Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriddle
imo you care too much about OVR's

I have several, but in actual gameplay you're WEAKENING them by converting them to a higher OVR rtng

specially the "LB's to DT" which is just absurd

they may have an insanely high OVR but they suck at that position

give me a DT with 99 BSH, 99 STR, 99 PMV, and 60 ovr rating over any of your LB converted DT's
agreed a little too much weight is put on ovr's especially since some positions as u mentioned only really need to be good in a few things to be good at that position. in most maddens u could convert a lb into a de and probably make him pretty good, maybe even better ovr, but u would have to think that size does come into play somewhere at least in the new maddens. but i think if u sim the games then probably all that really matters is that ovr rating but u can really see your point when u are actually playing the games. that undersized dl should get pushed around against a good ol.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Player management > Edit player
Thanks. Seems obvious now

I had previously played NCAA and during the offseason they usually give you the option to change positions and adjust your depth chart at the same time. So when I came to the first preseason game and I didn't have the required number of SS, I realized that particular option was never offered during the offseason.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree about the overall ratings... I don't do this all the time, I just like to experiment around. But sometimes it really pays off. I had Reggie bush up to a 97 overall receiver and won the MVP with him after three seasons at WR.

That worked out well and a few of the OLB to DE switches worked for me. I try to never move anyone to DT unless they are at least 270 and have some strength, otherwise it never translates on the field...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 17

Only one I've cared to do is putting Jason Taylor at DE.

I feel like DE and OLB isn't that much of a stretch though. Nor would some RB to WR.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #13
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Does editing the players position really make any difference in their performance?

For example in the default Raider rosters, Seymour is LE, and Lamar Houston is a DT.

Would changing their primary position make any difference, or should I just do the change via the depth chart??

The same goes for Veldheer moving to C from RT.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
Does editing the players position really make any difference in their performance?

For example in the default Raider rosters, Seymour is LE, and Lamar Houston is a DT.

Would changing their primary position make any difference, or should I just do the change via the depth chart??

it makes your job easier in terms of re-ordering

i dont know their ratings but for example
Seymour is LE-80 and DT-90

if you turn him into a DT, he'll automatically be set as your DT1 when you reorder your depth chart instead of moving him up there as a LE..
Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Some of the decent power backs make good FBs. Slower SSs also tend to make good OLBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75

If you do the change only via depth chart, you'll see the player playing out of position have a ratings penalty, particularly in the awareness attribute, for playing at a position that isn't his natural position.

Editing the player outright avoids this penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »