Home

Best Franchise Position Switches

This is a discussion on Best Franchise Position Switches within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #33
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Best Franchise Position Switches

Derrick Johnson a 77 LB for the Chiefs makes a 87 FS or SS but will not progress further.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 14

Agreed that just because the OVR is higher doesn't always mean it's a worthwhile move. However, one that is good for franchise is to pick up Aaron Schobel. He's listed as a free agent OLB (as long as this hasn't changed in the roster update), but he becomes an 88 DE, because that's what he was back when Buffalo used a 4-3, so he's actually a good candidate for DE. He's not the fastest (never was) but he's got good pass rushing skills.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #35
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

In the bills chise i'm doing I moved Aaron Maybin from a OLB to a DE but that's cause i switched to the 4-3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

ovr isn't everything, remember a couple years ago when the giants move kiwanuka to OLB, when i switched his position to DE, he was way better than he actually is think like 90 something or high 80's and the year before at DE he was like a 76.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #37
Rookie

Spencer Larson FB Denver Broncos 50 OVR to 65-70 OVR free safety or outside linebacker,
Marcus Stroud DE Buffalo Bills 82 OVR to 91 OVR DT
I always look at the size of the DE before I make him a DT (never make them DT unless they 290+ pounds) same with LBs to DEs (never DT). I find it helps knowing football positions when moving players positions. (Just because they have a high OVR doesn't mean they will be effective.)
Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #38
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriddle
not a big deal, a lot of LB's are like that

take LB Elvis Dumervil of the Broncos for example

but tbh, they're better at the LB spot, they cause more chaos and are more effective at their natural LB role than a "99 ovr" DE

hell, to be brutally honest some 70s? ovr rated LB's become 90+ ovr as a DE.. but still suck at the position

ovr's once again stand for overrated
I disagree about woodley and dumervil they both are nothing more than converted DE's to begin with,and they were both good at those positions in college,lets face it neither is in there at LB to cover anyone they are there to only get to the QB.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #39
Rookie

Just the obvious, I've moved Ngata to dt, 99 ovr and Suggs to DE 99 ovr, to get Kindle on the field. Also moved Mcclain to olb, Because I have so many good LBs try to get them on the field. Also startd my chise pre Wilson trade. so moved Ed to CB, i blieve 99 bcuz Zib and Hamlin are servicable at FS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »