Home

Do created players ever play?

This is a discussion on Do created players ever play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Do created players ever play?

I created a DE, but even though he is top of the depth chart, and the highest overall DE on my team, he never comes in. His stamina and durability are high, but I still messed with the auto-sub setting, to see if that fixed it. No matter what I do, my guy won't play. Has anyone had success getting created players (especially a created DE) to actually enter the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Do created players ever play?

yeah, if i create a player he plays as long as he is in the depth chart. something may be wrong with your game.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

In my franchise I have 11 created players and they are all starting so they do play. What I have noticed though is that regardless of their ratings (97 is the lowest rating) the offensive created guys are mediocre when simulating. Makes me think the sim engine there is broken. I have fake sim'ed a few seasons to see how it'd go and noticed they did not perform like you'd expect guys rated that high...and the rest of my team is STACKED (only my FB has a rating lower than 90 for all starters) so it isn't anything there.

Thankfully I plan to play all the reg season games so it isn't an issue for me though it is annoying.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Thanks, guys. Pooch, do your created players play the same amount whether you play the games or sim them? I did the same thing you did, with the fake sim ahead, and my created player played in the simmed games. When I actually play the games, though, he is nowhere to be found. This is either quite realistic (another Haynesworth anyone?) or a rather irritating bug. If I can't figure this out, I am leaning toward trading my created player for a nice package (of course, I have little doubt he will then become a force and mash me at every opportunity!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »