Home

Stop blocking replays with the playcalling screen!!!!

This is a discussion on Stop blocking replays with the playcalling screen!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Stop blocking replays with the playcalling screen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
stop giving me replays/stat updates and let me skip to the damn playcall screen!

This is another area in which Madden can be inconsistent. I too have been using conventional playcalling as of late. In some cases, replays do show up unobstructed. And at other times, like the OP has pointed out, the playcall screen sits right on top of your highlight .

While this is something that could be fixed (if Tiburon wanted), it underlines the theory that we'll NEVER have authentic broadcast presentation in a Madden game. The design philosophy in Madden is to get you right back to the action.

Edit: it even seems to me that the number of instant replays has gone down post-patch. I've hit a number of impressive pass plays and have gotten nothing. Might just be in my mind, but something to think about...
Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10
If they hold too the "everything u see on sundays motto" they really need too fix this and stop with the half-stepping. Many want that broadcast feel, look at NBA2k11 and the SHOW. If madden want too truly excel as a franchise like in the ps2 days, they need too truly get that broadcast feel back and stop rushing everything. Let me make that decision too pass threw it. MLB2K10 is getting slammed for the same thing with rushing threw the pitches with a flash and not letting the signature styles play out. It really hurts the immersion with the way madden is heading.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
I don't have that issue, I play with GameFlow. Its a thing of beauty.
This is basically the one reason I've stuck with GameFlow, for all its weird little foibles. Loving having broadcast style replays after nearly every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
If they hold too the "everything u see on sundays motto" they really need too fix this and stop with the half-stepping. Many want that broadcast feel, look at NBA2k11 and the SHOW. If madden want too truly excel as a franchise like in the ps2 days, they need too truly get that broadcast feel back and stop rushing everything. Let me make that decision too pass threw it. MLB2K10 is getting slammed for the same thing with rushing threw the pitches with a flash and not letting the signature styles play out. It really hurts the immersion with the way madden is heading.
The only thing I disagree with is getting that broadcast feel back. In my experience, I've never known Madden to have authentic presentation. And to think that it's been a focus the last 2 years begs the question, "Where's the beef?"

I know this game is made for millions of different people. I get that. But like TheWatcher often suggests, broadcast is the standard for today's sports videogames. And yet Madden continues to fall flat.

I really think Madden would benefit from a no-frills gameplay mode and a full blown presentation mode.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #13
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71

Let's be realistic here. They have never adhered to the everything you see on Sunday credo that they came up with.

This isn't taking a shot at the devs, as that is something that marketing came up with I'm sure. This is just a statement of fact. There is a lot of authenticity missing from Madden, and it has been that way forever.

No way to sugar coat it.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
This is basically the one reason I've stuck with GameFlow, for all its weird little foibles. Loving having broadcast style replays after nearly every play.
i play with gameflow. I see replays after every play. its cool.

Although on Td's i want to see more than 2 replays.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
stop giving me replays/stat updates and let me skip to the damn playcall screen!
Yeah Fifa WC had an option to turn off cutscenes. You would still get a couple like when the cpu is loading subs and stuff but not many are actually necessary. Having an option to get rid of all those would speed games up more than gameflow.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The only thing I disagree with is getting that broadcast feel back. In my experience, I've never known Madden to have authentic presentation. And to think that it's been a focus the last 2 years begs the question, "Where's the beef?"

I know this game is made for millions of different people. I get that. But like TheWatcher often suggests, broadcast is the standard for today's sports videogames. And yet Madden continues to fall flat.

I really think Madden would benefit from a no-frills gameplay mode and a full blown presentation mode.
This is what NBA2K11 is doing with there game, they having a arcade style and simulation game style as well. This is a great idea, because it gives gamers a choice if they want too hurry threw or have that sim feel. Madden would benefit the same if they give the consumer a option for such things and stop rushing everything. I hope Phil and Ian are seeing this one, because its needed if they want too get more consumers back that left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »