Home

Please help a Madden vet stop the pass

This is a discussion on Please help a Madden vet stop the pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Please help a Madden vet stop the pass

I feel your pain OP, Wes Welker completely destroys me and my Ravens. I cannot stop there pass game consistently. I will try the tips provided above me.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

what playbooks have the 1-5-5 in it?
Old 09-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 12

consistent pressure doesnt always work,like half the time it looks like ur about to sack the qb but some how he gets a perfect pass off,i hate that
Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftee
what playbooks have the 1-5-5 in it?
A lot of the 3-4 playbooks have it. So start by going through every 3-4 teams playbook. I my self have only used 2 defensive playbooks this year, the Jets, and the Packers, and they both have it. Although, it's called the Psycho in the Packers PB. However, the PB I use the most is the Jets, mainly because it has the 46 in it, so when I need to stop the run I have a reliable formation to turn too.

Although, the 1-5-5 can be great at stopping the run, if the HB gets through the 1st line of defenders, you my as well kiss him goodbuy, especially if his name is Chris Johnson. The HB Gut play destroys the 1-5-5. But it is great at stopping Tosses and Off Tackles though. Playing with only one safety in the defensive backfield has it's risks and benifits. Deep passes can kill it, but the QB will usually be on his back by then, and if the HB breaks a tackle the outcome can be disastrous. It's also my favorite blitzing formation...
Old 09-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #21
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

It's funny that they wanted to speed the game up by adding game flow but they slowed it down because there is too many TD's and passing plays.

As for the 1-5-5. I found it in the Jets playbook while searching in desperation. So far I have found it to be even more effective if you can save it for 3rd and 4th down (nobody punts). 1-5-5 is now a must have formation for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I noticed from playing people that when they nano blitz me it is almost impossible to get a pass off.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 AM   #23
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
Dear OS. Over the years I have prided myself on playing great defense. In Madden 2011 I feel like the only time I can stop the other team is if I get an INT or a fumble. In the past twelve games I have played online my opponents and I only had to punt a combined 3 times. (THREE TIMES!!!) My last ranked game ended 59 to 56. Yuck!

My biggest problem is I playonline ranked games.
Fixed. No game handles user vs user games well. Even 2k8 and 2k5 were cheese machines online against non-sim players. The sooner you realize this, the better off you are going to be. Find trusted friends to play online against. You can even find some here at OS. Stop playing randoms.

This is still a video game with a god's eye view of the field to play QB from, a lack of route based passing, and a defense that is already lacking out of the box. Did you honestly expect to go online and play "fair ranked games?"

I enjoy playing Madden. I play the computer and my friends. I use custom sliders/settings and we have a good old time. Franchise is a lot of fun as well.

If none of that sounds like fun to you, then I am sorry. If you bought Madden for the sole purpose of beating up on folks online in ranked games, then "step your game up." When you go online and play ranked, you are no longer playing Football, you are playing Madden.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 34

know what your defenders can do, and what they cant do.

Put them in the best possible situation to succeed, and get good at usering a safety or LB, if you like to play coverage, or get good at usering your best DL's to disrupt the LOS and create a pass rush.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »