Home

Did the patch make a difference for anyone?

This is a discussion on Did the patch make a difference for anyone? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Did the patch make a difference for anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodie 5
Now you are making excuses for EA. You are right, all sports games have patches, but I have a number of sports games that are still excellent out of the box. The NHL Series, MLB The Show, NBA2k series, these games are good even without the patch.

Madden, every year, is an unplayable mess. Dont make excuses for EA.
You are speculating.

I'll try to explain to the masses that quoted me, even one's that double quoted me.

Short History.

Been playing Madden since it came out. Ambulances on the field, passing windows, etc.....

Had fun early on playing the game. Hated 06-09, hated those games. Madden 10 I thought was heading in the right direction. The jury is still out on Madden 11, with sliders, the game plays much better, but not online.

I think you are the one that stated they had their priorities messed around. To patch code, it takes a longer time than balancing gaming issues and BCA and Madden Moments Live. They patched everything by December/January last year. Now, people can't wait 2- 3 weeks for the game play patch to drop? Patience is a virtue.

Also, for those wishing that I jump over to the PS3 and stop being a beta tester. Umm, this place was in a uproar on The Show forums this year waiting for a patch. Also, I've played and owned NBA 2K and they've had their share of issues as well. I'm always playing around with sliders to get the game to play correctly and then, a few months later, a patch drops to make the game better.

I'm not into hockey or soccer, so, I'm not into those games.

No one is giving them excuses. It's far from the game you see on TV, and 11 isn't a complete game till the end of September. If the defense is still broken, I'll gladly trade it in. And if it's still broken, I'll scream, holler, kick dirt and do what it takes to be heard.

Until then, I'll be happy to play NCAA. Oh, it does play a good game on the field with the third patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You are speculating.

I'll try to explain to the masses that quoted me, even one's that double quoted me.

Short History.

Been playing Madden since it came out. Ambulances on the field, passing windows, etc.....

Had fun early on playing the game. Hated 06-09, hated those games. Madden 10 I thought was heading in the right direction. The jury is still out on Madden 11, with sliders, the game plays much better, but not online.

I think you are the one that stated they had their priorities messed around. To patch code, it takes a longer time than balancing gaming issues and BCA and Madden Moments Live. They patched everything by December/January last year. Now, people can't wait 2- 3 weeks for the game play patch to drop? Patience is a virtue.

Also, for those wishing that I jump over to the PS3 and stop being a beta tester. Umm, this place was in a uproar on The Show forums this year waiting for a patch. Also, I've played and owned NBA 2K and they've had their share of issues as well. I'm always playing around with sliders to get the game to play correctly and then, a few months later, a patch drops to make the game better.

I'm not into hockey or soccer, so, I'm not into those games.

No one is giving them excuses. It's far from the game you see on TV, and 11 isn't a complete game till the end of September. If the defense is still broken, I'll gladly trade it in. And if it's still broken, I'll scream, holler, kick dirt and do what it takes to be heard.

Until then, I'll be happy to play NCAA. Oh, it does play a good game on the field with the third patch.

This game is an arcade game. Your comparison was no good for the simple fact with improved technology, you should recieve a more immersive experience.

Patience is a virtue? If that is the case, I shouldnt have to pay EA until they give me a complete game. It has nothing to do with patience, it has everything to do with being a consumer who is fed up with receiving half finished products with bugs that are so glaring that a 5 year old can notice them. You know why this occurs? For the very reasons in your post. Great, my guys have pink socks, they will look fantastic standing around like rocks on defense while I have to watch footballs pass their hands and faces.

Sliders? I shouldnt have to play around with sliders all day long to find a decent game. Out of the box it should atleast resemble actual football. Once again, the Madden series needs scrapped and rebuilt because as it stands, it sucks. Madden Moments Live? Game play first, then frills.

I guarantee you, the patch to fix the defense, will accomplish that by bring back the ridiculous interceptions where players warp across the field, or have their back to the ball then suddenly spin and fly 10 yards, like in years past.

A year off would do Madden good, and a new developer as well. How can you sit down to test a game and think, HEY THIS IS GREAT MY RUNNINGBACK JUST BROKE 50 TACKLES IN ONE GAME, or hey, 5 fumbles a game is realistic, or 700 yards of offense

How on earth do you justify releasing a product like that? They didnt waste time on the graphics engine because its been the same damn engine since the ps2 days. Graphics are slightly better than last year, however the field doesnt even degrade and jersies dont even get dirty so they took that **** out. The locomotion system is still beind what VC was doing with their football games, and isnt all that great. So what are they spending time on?

Last edited by noodie 5; 09-10-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #27
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Now you are making excuses for EA. You are right, all sports games have patches, but I have a number of sports games that are still excellent out of the box. The NHL Series, MLB The Show, NBA2k series, these games are good even without the patch.

Madden, every year, is an unplayable mess. Dont make excuses for EA.
2k10 ????????????????????? I cant believe you wrote that, the defense was terrible in that game,cheesing,lead passing was fixed after like 6months ? 2k10 was one of most bugged games from 2k nba serries...so bassically you can easily remove nba series from that list. Im not fanboy of ea or anything but worshiping 2k like that is just lol ... they were worth it like 3-2years ago... but now they are moving back or standing still at best.

Last edited by lisinas; 09-10-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #28
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
At this time I request this thread be closed, nothing good will come out of it. Some people just can't be pleased.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-10-2010, 07:22 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
I dont understand EAs thought process. The defense is so bad in this game it is nearly unplayable, unless you dont mind arcade fests. The all pro difficulty level is too easy and all madden is almost comical in the broken tackles and dropped pass by user players.Too many fumbles as well. Yet they give us a patch that does almost nothing, first.
Exactly...
Old 09-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

u guys really still dont feel a difference in the control of the players? i MOST DEFINITELY know its there!! i felt it as soon as i loaded up the patch the morning it came out and instantly felt a difference in the game i was playing just 5 minutes earlier...

and in this game that is supposed to be all about the offense.. i just played 2 games of online team play... usually high scoring right? well both games the connection was pretty smooth and the game was playing great!! first game the other team picked the vikings and i was picking the defense and they came out doing exactly what was expected.. AP, quick slants, screens, and throws to the flats.. i picked the defenses that i thought had the best chance for every situation.. and then the dudes came out and started playing ball like they are supposed to!!! by the end of the game me and my teammate (was 2v3 for a minute until one of theirs quit) had at least 6 picks and probably more cuz i know i had 4 and he might of had more than 2... yes they were very predictable but we were playing defense like we were supposed to and the game was letting us... and yes they might not have been the greatest players but they were talkin smack like they were good B4 the game & they were trying to make plays we were just shutting them down on defense!!!! it was even someones crew cuz he said "invite me i got 3" so i invited him and a cpl random ppl to be on my team

ANYWAY.. final score was 6-49 or something (they scored a TD but missed tryin to go for 2)

then the 2nd game i had the same dude on my team but we picked up another dude and played against the ravens... this time they were a little less predictable and were moving the ball a little better against us.. but even tho they drove down the field on us a couple times they only got into the endzone 1 time!!! and i saw a couple of the gold 100% things on their team but one of the guys on my team said that they all had 100% at EVERY position!
dont remember the final score but we had like 30 something and all they did was score one TD on us and thats it.. really should have been 2 but we got really lucky and the very last dude that could have hit the receiver before he got into the endzone hit him @ like the 2 and he fumbled!! haha

both of these games were played on all-pro 6 minute qtrs no accelerated clock.. and we were my hometown team the colts both times...

so anyway the moral of the story is.. the patch has definitely helped the game out!! not saying its perfect but its WAY better in gameplay than it was B4 the patch!! if you cant see it then you really are blind or you really dont have the game or something... what are you doing just standing there watching the defense and seeing if they make every single play?? if they made every single play then there would be no PEYTON MANNING out there makin the defense look like fools!! they cant make every play on defense but since the patch they make a HELL of a lot more plays!!!

i'm not sure what some of you people are seeing but if you really looked you would see that it is much better!!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #31
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

btw, I'm closing this, since we have a patch thread. thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »