Home

Cleveland Browns User's

This is a discussion on Cleveland Browns User's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Cleveland Browns User's

I'm running a offline franchise with the Browns this year and I thought I would see how other people using them were doing. I'm currently in week 6 (using Playmakers sliders) so, I'll give a quick recap:

At quarterback, Colt McCoy outplayed MisJake in the pre-season and earned the starting spot so, I decided to put Jake on the trading block (where he still sits). San Diego and Houston both offered me 3rd Round picks for him and Buffalo offered a 2nd. I usually don't make too many moved but, the Buffalo 2nd rounder is pretty damn intriguing but, is as about as realistic as me hooking up with Zoe Saldana. Just sayin

At running-back Harrison is the starter with Hardesty getting roughly a third of the carries. So far,Harrison only has one 100 yard game but, the duo of the two-headed monster is averaging about 120 yards per game which ranks 3rd in the NFL. I moved Peyton Hillis to my 3rd back however, he has just received a hand-full of carries. James Davis has had little to no action so, I will probably look to move him in the off-season.

My starting receiver's are Massaquoi and Robiskie with Cribbs in the slot. The slot receiver is usually the receiver I utilize the most. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm wasting Cribbs by not moving him up to 1 or 2 so that he would be on the field in 2 WR sets. I certainly can't do anything with him running the Wild-Cat but, I've noticed that there are some reverse plays in the I-form that my work well for him.

I didn't really make any moves on the O-Line or Defense because like I said, I like to keep it close to real-life but, I'm not a stickler about it or anything. If someone gets hurt or moved in real life then I'm not going to restart my franchise or anything crazy like that.

Anyways, as far as my season goes. I lost my first game to Tampa Bay and have since won my next four games against Kansas City, a Flaccoless Raven team, a Carson Palmerless Bengal team and a Falcon team without Micheal Turner. I guess you can say my opponents have had bad luck with the injury bug. Well, that or I need to make my slider's a little tougher.

For those of you who are Browns user's what did you end up doing at QB, how are you utilizing Cribbs and what moves have you made?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Cleveland Browns User's

Hey! I'm still getting mine together. Have been using Playmaker's too...but haven't progressed since the first two pre-season games(which I've played, I think, possibly 10 or 11 times...each time he makes a slider correction. . . I go against the Pack and the Rams). When i get everything in swing, i'll post. A few things about which I'm curious, though. . .if you are using Playmaker's most recent updates, how is your passing coming along? I notice that McCoy generally has better numbers than JD. Though just doing pre-season, I've been rotating the two qb's (CM and J) and two backs (harrison and Hardesty) every possession or so to see how they are against first-team defenses (CM's a much better scrambler). How are Thomas and Steinbach playing? And what of Rogers? For me (depending upon the sliders) he is sometimes a complete beast. . . getting into the backfield. . .only to leave the gap through which the running back squeaks through.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I went 8-8 in my first season. Eric Steinbach went down with a season long injury on week one against Tampa.

Jake Delhomme was decent for me, but I dumped him and picked up Alex Smith in free agency. I traded Hardesty because he was slow, and picked up Michael Bush in FA. Also got Malcolm Floyd in FA, though he hasn't done anything big in season two.

Drafted a nice LB in round one, a great WR in round two, and hopefully my franchise QB in the 3rd. Also got a guard with my second 3rd round pick, but he's rated horribly.

I'm 6-0 in season two, but have had a few close games. Alex Smith is pretty good, and I'm running a two back system with Michael Bush and James Davis.

As for Cribbs, he's strictly my return guy, and like 4th WR on the depth chart. He's good in the game, but I don't want him as my #1 or #2.

My rookie WR is my #2, and he's doing great so far. I still have Mo Mass and Robo, too.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing I did was change Cribbs to a HB. This way you can get the cyclone package you hear a lot about with Wallace the QB in the shotgun and Cribbs as the lone running back. Then I make Cribbs #3 on the depth chart at WR. I hardly ever run wildcat because it seems flawed. The first movement is always forward instead of outside.

But I'm waiting on updated rosters to start the franchise. I'll probably increase Hillis' rating to around a 78 because he looked really good in the preseason. He'll also be a HB and not a FB.

- OS Staff
Old 09-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

[quote=PacMan3000;2041582553]
I'm 6-0 in season two, but have had a few close games. Alex Smith is pretty good, and I'm running a two back system with Michael Bush and James Davis.

quote]

i've always wanted to run the two back system. how do you adjust your game settings to do the two back system where it's 60/40 or 50/50?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

To be honest, I don't adjust the settings. I set up which RB comes in and out through different formations in the playbook.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #7
Rookie

CzingerX's Arena

I finished one season so far. Original line up is pretty much there. Went to the playoff's and got beat by the chargers.

In the off season I completly re-woked the RT and RG spot. 2 draft picks for the RT, and an additional one from a trade with the eagles and got there rookie RT. Got Kevin Kolb from the free agent list. But it didn't work out in the preseason and he got traded to the eagles. I also released Ratliff.

RG spot wise I grabbed some free agents from the pool. It's been holding up hold up better now.

Hardesty got hurt for awhile and Harrision is filling the void nicely. 5th in the league for rushing yards.

Once the new rosters are out, I'm gonna start fresh.

Last edited by CzingerX; 09-10-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

You can build a superstar team in one draft the rookies for me are to high rated and help destroy offline and even more for online franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »