Home

Madden 11 sales strong

This is a discussion on Madden 11 sales strong within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 07:16 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 11 sales strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
The Online pass probably helped sales, most people only buy Madden for Online features, so they were forced to buy new.

I don't see how they are going away from sim play when they added locomotion and game planning. The only parts of the game they neglected this year was franchise and superstar mode. The defensive issues can be fixed with a patch. NBA 2k 10 had horrible defense on release, it was fixed with a patch. I'm not worried bout it.
First off the locomotion engine is overrated and isnt all that great, most of the things that occur are visual candy only and have no bearing on the gameplay. The animatsion and movements of the players still looks bad, and after all these years the other football game. Thats sad.

This game is the complete polar opposite of a sim game. It has been dummied down and turned into an arcade, point scoring, crap fest. The defensive issues can be fixed with a patch, but EAs history tells me that they will correct it with some other form of bull****.

They will bring back those bull**** ints from the last few years where, a linebacker or dback is running one way, suddenly spins and warps 10 yards in the opposite directions for a pick.

The game right now is completely unplayable online, and if you do not use sliders it is a piece of crap offline too. The entire system has been stripped down to make it more accessible for the casual owner.

Last edited by noodie 5; 09-11-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I've played the game with many teams against many defenses. This is simply not the case.

Defense is crap in this game, there is no discussion to be had, it is a simple fact. Unless you play offline and piss with sliders all night, it doesnt matter what you do. Running is too easy, and passing is ridiculously easy. Defender stand there while passes whiz by their heads, through their hands, nad in some cases through their bodies. You can call the perfect play to counter an offense and it wont matter.

The Defense, is completely brokent as it is. Period.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #59
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah defense needs work.

Last edited by permanent1; 09-11-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #60
All Star

OVR: 33

Madden 11 sales are strong. But Madden 11 hate is stronger.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #61
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I gotta be honest, it's hard to buy your argument when your "facts" aren't even true. The PS2 version is alive and well my friend.

Madden losing popularity is FAR from clear when sales are UP... and especially when your basis for them being up on PS3 isn't even true.

It's rather hilarious how people around here will try to twist opinions in the face of facts. Last year, it was "sales are down because Madden sux... now we have proof!" This year it's "oh... um yah, well... sales are up but... if you count digital transactions, then divide by the square root of pie, and then figure in the population of the West Indies.... blah blah blah."

The game has improved, and the sales figures prove that, whether folks want to admit it or not. The facts are in the numbers, not in the conspiracy theories.

Sales are not, and never will be, an indication of how good a game is. I'm not saying Madden is or is not a good game, but you can't use sales numbers as proof that a game is good.

I do agree with you that people will skew stats to their advantage though. This is true of both sides of every argument. Which is why stats are not the end all and be all of any argument either.

As far as the poster who said that they aren't supporting PS2. Maybe he meant that this is the last PS2 Madden game that they will make, if I'm not mistaken, and the fact that there is no online component on the PS2 Madden 11.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #62
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The improvement from 09s franchise and presentation to 10-11s franchise and presentation is pretty dramatic. Yes, franchise in 11 is largely the same, but again, you knew that. And if/ when 2012s franchise is revamped and better, there will be no complaints. Or rather, no complaints from those of us who aren't trolling.
Your comment seems to take it as a fact that the gameplay is perfect and that nothing else needs to be improved, so when they fix franchise, it's the GOAT or something. Maybe for you, and you are entitled to your opinion, but there are those of us that feel that gameplay still needs plenty of improvement. If that makes me a troll, so be it.

You can find me at the toll bridge lol.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #63
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Madden 11 sales are strong. But Madden 11 hate is stronger.
Lmao. Gotta give props. That was quite funny.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodie 5
Defense is crap in this game, there is no discussion to be had, it is a simple fact. Unless you play offline and piss with sliders all night, it doesnt matter what you do. Running is too easy, and passing is ridiculously easy. Defender stand there while passes whiz by their heads, through their hands, nad in some cases through their bodies. You can call the perfect play to counter an offense and it wont matter.

The Defense, is completely brokent as it is. Period.
It can be fixed in a patch, did you play NBA 2k10 last year? Outof the box defense was broken also, they fixed it with a patch. Its not a game breaker.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »