Home

So, in a nutshell, what's wrong with Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on So, in a nutshell, what's wrong with Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: So, in a nutshell, what's wrong with Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
Oh, and I WOULD buy NCAA if the games interfaced properly. So if EA wants 60 more dollars of my annual gaming budget...

I think many will tell you that if youre going to get one of the two games, it should be NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyG
I think many will tell you that if youre going to get one of the two games, it should be NCAA.
I was going to get it last week but there was a lot of opinion on which was better. I heard the last NCAA patch made the defense as bad as Madden is now so thought the games were even. Is NCAA really worth giving EA another 60 bucks?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
I was going to get it last week but there was a lot of opinion on which was better. I heard the last NCAA patch made the defense as bad as Madden is now so thought the games were even. Is NCAA really worth giving EA another 60 bucks?
Id have to know how you play to give you that kind of advice. I play coach/CPU vs CPU mode. Im guessing you probably control the action like most people.

But in general, if you look at the comments, the negativity towards Madden is much greater than towards NCAA.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondo
oh ya, 2012-2013 season...contract ends next year. Should of said 2k13
No, the contract ends in 2013, so it will be 2k14.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
To be honest, and this is is my opinion, franchise mode may still be a bit bleak, but look at what they have improved. And if what they promised is true, then Madden 12 will have the much better franchise.

Yeah its annoying, but they get pretty much a year to develop one game. It can take up to 3-4 years to create a great game. The Madden team can only do 1-2 two things per year, depending on how big the project is.

Im not defending EA, but you got to look at it realistically. Backbreaker took a long time to develop (5 years or so) and even thats not perfect.
I seem to remember improvement in games for the PS2.

2002 was better than 2001. They were able to add Coaches Club and re-alignment of the conference divisions, allowing you to create an expansion team. Also adding unique faces to some players and more player animations than was in 2001, the first game for the PS2.
2003 was better than 2002 giving you more to do in franchise mode by getting scouting reports of players and integrating player progression logic. Not to mention gave you the ability to create-a-playbook.
2004 was better than 2003 as it added the ability to change player routes and assignments, directing the blocking as you run with the ball (Vick in this game running out of the pocket), and they introduced the Owner mode allowing you to operate more than just your rosters.
2005 over 2004, introducing the hit stick and creating more pre-snap options for the defense. Also gave us new features in franchise mode such as Tony Bruno radio and the newspaper with storyline central. They also had player personalities which players actually acted like T.O. or holding out like Revis.
2006 over 2005 they added the vision cone to give players a way to distinguish skillsets of different quarterbacks, not to mention the ability to throw to a spot on the field or lead a receiver or throw it high or low, in other words total pass control. They added the truck stick to help players break tackles. Also introducing Superstar mode.
2007 over 2006 they gave you the ability to take control of your fullback and actually try to leadblock. They improved on Superstar mode. They introduced more to the franchise mode such as college allstar game and gave more scouting reports. Not to mention new player roles which gave players abilities.
2008 wasn't much of an improvement over 2007, but they refined some features and created better AI to allow players to make the use of their abilities, in otherwords, on field smarts. They added a new feature in franchise mode allowing you to scout opponents by getting reports of their plays and their star players to watch out for.

So basically, in a nutshell, when they had a reason to make a good game, they did. In a year's time.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

pretty much the same as last year. here are the problems

1. Drafting is too easy, there are no steals in the draft, they said you can find gems in late rounds, yes you can find gems but they are also too easy to spot.
2. progression is messed up, if you have a back who rushes for 3000 yards his stats will not go up very much but if you have a rookie with A poteital who gets maybe 800 yards his stats increase by a lot.
3.contracts are too high, some players overcharge for their service and it just doesn't make sense.

there are a lot of other ones but overall it is still a good mode but it could be better.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #31
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

ok, it wouldn't be super hard to do a search for this one...even if you don't feel like reading 100's of 1000's of posts, we do expect you to do a search. That being said, the issues here have been covered in this thread...closed. Search next time, thanks man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »