Home

So, in a nutshell, what's wrong with Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on So, in a nutshell, what's wrong with Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
So, in a nutshell, what's wrong with Franchise Mode?

Just the facts, please. No complaining or insulting.

I want to start a franchise, and I'd like a comprehensive list of the problems before I begin, so I know what to expect, or what I can do to work around the problems.

Thanks in advance, guys.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: So, in a nutshell, what's wrong with Franchise Mode?

It's stale. It's been generally the same for a very long time now.

And I think we're all to the point where we'd like to not have to have a certain amount of tackles on our roster or some arbitrary position threshold like there is now. And we're to the point where we'd really like to not have to cut people to fit draft picks on the roster before the preseason even starts.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

I get that it's stale. I've read that a lot. But what's wrong with it? What's broken? And are there any known workarounds for what's wrong?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

dude, you will find 100's if not 1000's of threads regarding whats wrong with franchise mode dating back to M08. It's been the same since then with the exception of a face lift to the main screen last year.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
dude, you will find 100's if not 1000's of threads regarding whats wrong with franchise mode dating back to M08.
yeh, I know. But I don't want to read 100's if not 1000's of threads.

I'm hoping some kind soul will come in here and list the most glaring issues.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

its just really bland. its nothing like it was last gen when there was tons of stuff to do. no more news paper stories, not more preseason position battles, not player roles, etc..

its just basic stuff. play games. edit your depth chart. there is always room in the salary cap so thats not even challenging. you have to have a certain number of players at each position. it hasn't been touched in like 4 years. if you've plaayed any franchise mode over the last few years its the exact same thing.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Here's two:

- Injured Reserve doesn't function as it should. There is no benefit of putting someone on IR in this game because it doesn't open up a free slot.

- Draft import from NCAA '11. It randomizes almost everything; you can end up with white players becoming black in the process of transferring the rosters.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
Just the facts, please. No complaining or insulting.

I want to start a franchise, and I'd like a comprehensive list of the problems before I begin, so I know what to expect, or what I can do to work around the problems.

Thanks in advance, guys.
It's boring, that's what's wrong with it. Here are some specifics for you: The IR feature doesn't work;if you put a player on IR it doesn't free up a roster spot; you'll have to cut someone else to make room for his replacement;you'll lose two players when one goes down with a season ending injury. There is no restricted free agency period; why they took it out, I don't know. There's also a glitch where if you change your team's defensive scheme to a 3-4, every team in the league will run a 3-4. There's a workaround, but you have to go in individually,somehow, and change each team's scheme.

As for the experience as a whole, even without the problems, franchise mode is essentially 16 play now games with a post-season, which is a shame considering that this is the sixth iteration.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 09-11-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »