Home

Do players get better in franchise mode depending on how good of a season they have?

This is a discussion on Do players get better in franchise mode depending on how good of a season they have? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do players get better in franchise mode depending on how good of a season they ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyG
No, I understand the difference between having it based on stats vs a pre-existing potential. I guess, in either case it could be good and bad. I guess my question was more about whether the booster makes more sense than not having the booster. For example, lets say you dont use the booster and you get a player who has B potential but has a 76 rating as a rookie. If you dont use a booster, does the progression toward becoming a B rated player make sense? Is there an overall lack of progression in Madden that makes having the booster more realistic even though theyre maxing out right away?

Also, does the booster work for all players? How many times can you use it?
Most DLC, for any game, is nonsense. Unless it actually palpable adds content to a game it is all a waste of money. These booster packs are nothing more than cheats to "accelerate" a player, rather than you playing the game. It all matters if your ADD can handle playing a few seasons or needing Justin Forsett maxed out at 88 immediately for your enjoyment.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Do players get better in franchise mode depending on how good of a season they ha

As someone who bought the Max Pack accelerator...

Yes they cost. Not much though.

Yes they improve your team, and immediately. Maximum progression on a team like the Seahawks will instantly make them more competitive. I simmed a couple of seasons initially and found the hawks could easily win 10 or 11 games. Without the accelerator (I simply forgot to apply it a couple times) they couldn't get more than 8 wins in a season. Medical staff boosts reduce injuries and injury time.

And finally, yes, they cheapen the game, in my opinion. Maximum progression staves off old age, you get 35 year old WRs who stay at their maximum without ever declining. In Mad10 I got a declining, aging Andre Johnson in free agency. One year at the Hawks and his decline is suddenly reversed! PLus it's pure cheese... Your eventual 92 OVR team isn't there because you put the right players together. It's like... I dunno, steroids or something. Sure you have a good few seasons but in the end, you feel you're only cheating yourself.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
As someone who bought the Max Pack accelerator...

Yes they cost. Not much though.

Yes they improve your team, and immediately. Maximum progression on a team like the Seahawks will instantly make them more competitive. I simmed a couple of seasons initially and found the hawks could easily win 10 or 11 games. Without the accelerator (I simply forgot to apply it a couple times) they couldn't get more than 8 wins in a season. Medical staff boosts reduce injuries and injury time.

And finally, yes, they cheapen the game, in my opinion. Maximum progression staves off old age, you get 35 year old WRs who stay at their maximum without ever declining. In Mad10 I got a declining, aging Andre Johnson in free agency. One year at the Hawks and his decline is suddenly reversed! PLus it's pure cheese... Your eventual 92 OVR team isn't there because you put the right players together. It's like... I dunno, steroids or something. Sure you have a good few seasons but in the end, you feel you're only cheating yourself.
It might be cheese but if the progression otherwise is shoddy, you might have to resort to cheese to achieve greater realism.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:41 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyG
It might be cheese but if the progression otherwise is shoddy, you might have to resort to cheese to achieve greater realism.
Progression is shoddy only if you don't agree with the theory behind it.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
@ Exonerated and TeddyG, I completely agree with both of you. Would be nice to know exactly how players progress before working out the cheese factor of my "Old-Age-Be-Gone" accelerators.

On that note, I wonder if I could start a Vikings franchise and accelerate favre out of retirement for 30 years....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 29

I wouldn't worry about OVR much... If a guy turns into a star for you, you did a great job! If he doesn't get to 90+ OVR why worry? You just get to pay him less money and work on getting some better guys around him.

Personally, I think performance should = more pay, not necessarily more OVR.

If you want better Potential just use the short-cut method of editing the player up to a 99 ... save the roster... then edit it back to the original ratings and he will have an A Potential.

Last edited by marktg30; 09-14-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Its as much about execution as it is theory.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

In my opinion, the accelerators are all cheese, and you're only cheating yourself out of a real franchise experience.

I think I'm one of the very few who actually believe the progression/potential system is just about perfect (more decline before retirement would be my only suggestion, but not a big deal to me).

My house rule... no scouting during the season (I don't want to know the rookies potential, helps increase odds of draft busts).

I just wish I could hide the potential rating throughout the game. Make me play my rookie a couple seasons to either see him progress, or decide he's a bust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »