Home

Challenge System needs serious overhaul

This is a discussion on Challenge System needs serious overhaul within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Challenge System needs serious overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I think you should step back and think a little more deeply, madden is a football game that simulates human behavior, including referees that make mistakes on calls.
Madden doesn't simulate mistakes. It forces them.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
The challenge system needs to be eliminated. It's a computer game. The computer doesn't make mistakes. Either something happens, or it doesn't. 1's and 0's. What sense does it make to introduce a system where you're actually designing unfairness or error to be put into the game when, at its worst, it screws the player and, at its best, only screws the player some of the time?

Never made any sense to me.
What are you talking about? The CPU makes mistakes like the WR catching a TD pass out of bounds and the lack of ability to choose what you challenge is mind blowing. Go playing that other NFL game from 2004-05 and see what a good system is. Trust me it makes a world of difference, especially when it is obvious that the play needs to be overturned.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Ugh.

If a computer makes a mistake, it's because of crappy programming. If it's programmed properly, then you get a proper result. "Garbage in, garbage out." It's not the CPU that's making the mistake. It's the people who programmed it. Why increase the likelihood of further error by creating some convoluted system that makes mistakes ON PURPOSE, but then makes MORE mistakes trying to CORRECT the mistakes that it NEVER SHOULD HAVE MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!??

And then: "I think you should step back and think a little more deeply, madden is a football game that simulates human behavior, including referees that make mistakes on calls."

My thought is plenty deep. Madden simulates the NFL. And, last time I checked, people get pretty pissed when the refs get calls wrong in the NFL. In fact, as time has gone on, more and more effort has gone into ELIMINATING referee mistakes on calls. Oh, but you want realism. Tell you what. Let's make a flight simulator for you to play where, when your plane crashes, your computer explodes. Then, you can spend realistic time plucking realistic shards of realistic glass from your realistic face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #12
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
the challenge system in this game is a disgrace and completely pointless.
so many issues:
-plays that you should be able to challenge but can't.
-plays that are clearly wrong(receivers out of bounds) don't get overturned.
-not being able to choose your challenge(spot,fumble..)
why bother doing it if you are not going to do it right...again??

my guess...EA made it like this(bare bones) on purpose to go along with it's new"simpler,quicker" motto(deeper need not apply).

like chitown said it either screws the player or screws the player sometime.
I have been a victim of that more than once.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't deny the challenge system needs to be overhauled. The Bench seldom overturns plays (did quite often, and fairly too, in Mad10). Could be the algorithm that calculates a bad call is set too low.

But I like it in... The outrageousness of it all is quite motivating. I hope they'd fix it rather than just delete it.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Get rid of it and bring it back when it REALLY ready. And if you want to see what it looks like when it's REALLY ready then the devs need to go down to their local gamestop and grab a copy of NFL 2K5. Wait, last year they said they had a copy of NFL 2K5 and were studying it hard for Madden 10. Ok scratch that idea. Get rid of it altogether and concentrate on making this a proper football game.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Am I the only one that challenges every fumble because it seems that sometimes you get the ball back even though your guy was clearly down?
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »