Home

Pre-Game Question

This is a discussion on Pre-Game Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1
Pre-Game Question

I've played 11 games in my 49ers franchise so far and every single pre-game the two players to watch were the QB's with Collinsworth saying the exact same thing about how veteran leadership is important and these guys have been there before yadda yadda.

This pre-game thing possibly made sense early in the season when Gore was hurt and Brees was in town. But a Week 7 matchup against the Panthers...I highly doubt everyone will be watching the Smith/Moore matchup as the key matchup in that game.

My question...does Collinsworth ever pick anybody else to talk about, or am I on the most unluckiest streak of all?

I love this game and understand it's flaws, I'm a big proponent of the little things but it's mildly frustrating when something like this coming up so often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pre-Game Question

Only saw QB vs QB in my 20 ~ games
Old 09-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

They say it's a glitch and that there is plenty of pre-game stuff but the glitch causes the game to only choose the QB one...I'm not sure I believe them...but the patch end of September will reveal whether it's true or not.

I've played 50 games and have never seen anything else than the QB one.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I will say that Stafford vs Smith and Rodgers vs Smith actually changes up the dialogue out of Collinsworth's mouth.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

It's always QB vs QB. On top of that, it is always the same speech for my team because I use the Rams and Sam Bradford who doesn't get any player specific storyline.

What's even better is the line:

"...both of these guys just have that look in their eye, [b]they've been here before[b], but they know the significance of these matchups...."

This was said in Bradford's:

- first preseason game
- first regular season game
- first playoff game
- first conference championship
- first superbowl

Apparently Sam is quite the QB before he every played an actual down in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks guys for your unfortunate answers.

Anyword on if the patch fixes this will I have to restart my franchise?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

It's only QB vs QB so far but some of these are custom. In my old franchise before I restarted, the Steelers rolled into Seattle. Collinsworth's dessemination of the rivalry of hasselbeck and Roethlisberger going back to the 2006 superbowl was worth the cost of the game (well nearly).

And in my first year's franchise, I ended up playing as NO against Colts in the superbowl. The chat about the Brees vs Manning match-up from the previous superbowl was also great.

Don't know about starting your franchise again. You don't need to but if you want to hear any specific ones about old players, you might have to if they've already retired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »