Home

Two Minor Disappointments & Suggestions

This is a discussion on Two Minor Disappointments & Suggestions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Two Minor Disappointments & Suggestions

Been playing Madden to death and have grown to truly enjoy this version - particularly the presentation. After more seasons of play than I care to admit, I stumbled across two observations I found disappointing that hopefully the developers might address next year.

First, as we all know, and as has been present for years going back to last gen, some retired actual NFL players join the coaching pool. In the last gen version, however, if that player had been head scanned, the head scan carried over to the coach version so the coach looked like the player you had grown accustomed to.

For some odd reason, not this version. I tested several players that had nice head scans in game, such as TO and Carson Palmer, and each got generic body types and faces as a head coach.

Not a huge deal just something that used to be better implemented years back.

Secondly, in Philip Rivers final season for my Chargers, in his final regular season game, he broke the career record for TD passes, besting Peyton Manning by 1. Not one mention of the record being broken, not even a simple prompt on the screen.

A significant accomplishment completely ignored. Again, not a deal breaker just disappointing.

Cleaning up both of these ommissions would hopefully require minimum invested development time and would make the game just a little bit better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Two Minor Disappointments & Suggestions

Agreed, some "it's the little things" would be nice to have added. See MLB 10 the show for examples, haha.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 09-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Last night I had Hasselbeck throw for 677 yards in a single game. Got a big mention so there is something that spots records.

My biggest minor cheese is the hard hats the fans wear. The team logo on the left is actually the right-side logo. This doesn't matter for the likes of the cowboys or the Bears, but for Seattle or New England, the fans end up looking like Jackasses with the left-side logo the wrong way round.

(not a personal criticism of either team fans, might I add).
Old 09-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
Last night I had Hasselbeck throw for 677 yards in a single game. Got a big mention so there is something that spots records.

My biggest minor cheese is the hard hats the fans wear. The team logo on the left is actually the right-side logo. This doesn't matter for the likes of the cowboys or the Bears, but for Seattle or New England, the fans end up looking like Jackasses with the left-side logo the wrong way round.

(not a personal criticism of either team fans, might I add).

Interesting, spotted a game record but not a career record? Strange.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Shoot, I ran with Deangelo Williams (a real treat BTW) for over 300 yards in one game! What did I get? A QUICK, and I mean quick, little banner. That's it. Not to mention it was a come from behind victory!

Presentation has improved the last two years, but other games are still wiping their arse with it. The NBA 2K presentation blurb from a few days ago = ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Been playing Madden to death and have grown to truly enjoy this version - particularly the presentation. After more seasons of play than I care to admit, I stumbled across two observations I found disappointing that hopefully the developers might address next year.

First, as we all know, and as has been present for years going back to last gen, some retired actual NFL players join the coaching pool. In the last gen version, however, if that player had been head scanned, the head scan carried over to the coach version so the coach looked like the player you had grown accustomed to.

For some odd reason, not this version. I tested several players that had nice head scans in game, such as TO and Carson Palmer, and each got generic body types and faces as a head coach.

Not a huge deal just something that used to be better implemented years back.

Secondly, in Philip Rivers final season for my Chargers, in his final regular season game, he broke the career record for TD passes, besting Peyton Manning by 1. Not one mention of the record being broken, not even a simple prompt on the screen.

A significant accomplishment completely ignored. Again, not a deal breaker just disappointing.

Cleaning up both of these ommissions would hopefully require minimum invested development time and would make the game just a little bit better.
Technically, you tied Tom Brady with 50 cause he broke Peyton's TD Record in 2007.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1986
Technically, you tied Tom Brady with 50 cause he broke Peyton's TD Record in 2007.

He said career not season,even with that said it was after years of simming,the record(as in this case) may have changed : )
Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1986
Manning had the career record by the time he retired from my franchise. I did break it by one. Would love a little cut scene for a career record like that, maybe pause the game, present a game ball. Lots of potential, records really should generate recognition with a good cut scene. They gave us the best SB celebration EVER this year (sorry NFL2k5) so maybe next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »