Home

Speed Threshhold????

This is a discussion on Speed Threshhold???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Speed Threshhold????

Hi everyone,

can someone explain this to me? is this a speed cheat? i mean if you have set pretty high, it seems harder to get by players or run by people, the lower it is, it seems easier to get by people, i mean to find a good number for this...if anyone can explain this to me i would be grateful. i use redsfan's slider set....thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Speed Threshhold????

The Minimum player speed threshold?

If thats what you mean...

Bascially, if you have it set to 50, no player can have a lower speed rating than that. If you you set it to 75, again, no player would have a speed rating lower than 75. (on field. their stats will still say their true speed.)

So if a MLB's speed rating in 60, and your threshold is at 75, he will actually perform as if his speed was 75 on the field even though his stats will say speed rating of 60.

It is a good tool to cut down on "holywood big break-away" plays.

I personally have it set at 65. ( I use DB's custom sliders.)
Old 09-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

KP,

so your saying on 65 threshold the player speed is more reaslistic? if so cool, cuz this is what im looking for, if i can get around people because of their true speed abilities of the player, that would be nice, i just dont want to have somebody like LT get caught from behind on a sprint from a defensive tackle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

Bascially, if you have it set to 50, no player can have a lower speed rating than that. If you you set it to 75, again, no player would have a speed rating lower than 75. (on field. their stats will still say their true speed.)

So if a MLB's speed rating in 60, and your threshold is at 75, he will actually perform as if his speed was 75 on the field even though his stats will say speed rating of 60.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
KP,

so your saying on 65 threshold the player speed is more reaslistic? if so cool, cuz this is what im looking for, if i can get around people because of their true speed abilities of the player, that would be nice, i just dont want to have somebody like LT get caught from behind on a sprint from a defensive tackle...
realistic would be game speed = normal, speed threshold = 100
Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

I'm pretty sure that's not quite right.
What you've said is that everyone runs at the same speed. So if it's set to 75 threshold, then a 60 speed player would run at 75 speed, and so would a 40 speed player, and so would a 74 speed player...

My interpretation of it is that it's a limiter. So basically, a threshold of 0 means that there is big difference between a 95 speed player and an 80 speed player.
If you set it higher, say at 50, then every players speed is condensed and is less different from each others. So the 95 speed player wont get away from the 80 speed player as much as he did when the threshold was at 0, because the maximum speed has been lowered.

Probably easier to think of it as when threshold = 0, maximum speed is at 100, so a 90 speed player would run at 90% max speed which is 90, 80 speed player at 80% speed which is 80, etc.
When threshold = 50, the maximum speed is 50, so the 90 speed player runs at 90% of 50 which is 45, and the 80 speed player runs at 80% of 50 which is 40.

There's only a difference of 5 'speeds' with the threshold at 50, whereas there is a difference of 10 'speeds' at threshold 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

so Chiv where do you have yours set at....i'm looking for realistic speed, i dont need tackles chasing down rb's like tenn c johnson from behind, and speed rushers like freeney and abraham if they get buy the tackle they should make the sack ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivs
I'm pretty sure that's not quite right.
What you've said is that everyone runs at the same speed. So if it's set to 75 threshold, then a 60 speed player would run at 75 speed, and so would a 40 speed player, and so would a 74 speed player...

My interpretation of it is that it's a limiter. So basically, a threshold of 0 means that there is big difference between a 95 speed player and an 80 speed player.
If you set it higher, say at 50, then every players speed is condensed and is less different from each others. So the 95 speed player wont get away from the 80 speed player as much as he did when the threshold was at 0, because the maximum speed has been lowered.

Probably easier to think of it as when threshold = 0, maximum speed is at 100, so a 90 speed player would run at 90% max speed which is 90, 80 speed player at 80% speed which is 80, etc.
When threshold = 50, the maximum speed is 50, so the 90 speed player runs at 90% of 50 which is 45, and the 80 speed player runs at 80% of 50 which is 40.

There's only a difference of 5 'speeds' with the threshold at 50, whereas there is a difference of 10 'speeds' at threshold 0.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
so Chiv where do you have yours set at....i'm looking for realistic speed, i dont need tackles chasing down rb's like tenn c johnson from behind, and speed rushers like freeney and abraham if they get buy the tackle they should make the sack ........
Well I've only really tested it out properly on NCAA, and on that I have it set to 45, which from what I've experienced is perfect.
Enough to allow the fast players to be able to get separation from the slower players, but prevents large gaps between receivers and pursuing CB's leaving them wide open for the throw all the time.
Try it out in a game or two, see what you think. Like I said it seems to be the perfect setting from the many games I've played with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »