Home

All-Madden Difficulty

This is a discussion on All-Madden Difficulty within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 60
All-Madden Difficulty

I recently tried out All-Madden just to see how it was...
It doesn't even resemble football. Coverages are worthless, robo-qb is alive and well, and you really can't consistently run.
Does anybody get any joy out of playing on All-Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: All-Madden Difficulty

I thought it was me. The O Line doesn't block or even try to pick up the blitz. When you do get a pass off the QB throws it at the WR feet incomplete most times or floats a duck to them.
The D Line gets zero pressure even with a top line unless you blitz. The Defense reacts better to the ball and catch INT. When they do they mostly score too.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Somebody is just going to tell us to play on a lower level, adjust the speed, adjust your sliders..in this thread; all of which I've done. Still haven't found a" perfect" match between all these factors to make it play like a sunday or even Madden 08...
I am looking forward to hearing what they can/will fix w/ patches. Sure its a fun game for what it is; a game. But some of this stuff is really hard to get used to.
OP. I used to (beginning of Madden up to 09, which I sold after the 2nd patch) play all Maddens on the All-Madden level w/ minimal penalty adjutments and a couple of small slider adjustments. To make 09 playable (as playable as a $60 next gen-21 year old game,a well advertised/covered and blogged about game)and somewhat closer to what I want I've spent 5-15 min games (played about 20 before I decided to give this a try) starting on All-Madden adjusting my sliders. Some stuff has been improved by this process including the pass rush and powering down robo qb's. I just wish it was as good out of the box and pre-patched ala 2007 (madden 08) or even as good as advertised. I mean...franchise is a mess, the quick hike cpu fg's/extra points, stats are all over the place completly killing realism...yep, sorry for the rant. I'm just a jerk. For the record...I'm sure I will buy this game next year because I like spending $.
I would also chip in on some patches if EA needs $ so bad, that has to be why they have the DLC stuff right? So they can afford to fix a little more of my already purchased game?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I don't know what to make of all-madden yet. My first two games, packers vs bears and packers vs viqueens, i was getting blown out by 30 points at halftime.

I just played a game as the pack against baltimore and was down 24-7 in the 2nd half but came back and missed a 2-pt comversion at the end to lose 24-22... probably the funnest game i've played on madden. however, it wasnt super realistic. i threw 4 picks (2 pick-sixes) and lost a fumble. plus, i averaged like 2 ypg. i know baltimore's run d is awesome and the packers run game is somewhat suspect, but it was more the cpu blocking that I never had a chance to bust a decent run. meanwhile, mcgahee ran RAMPANT on me.

that said, it was a really entertaining, yet frustrating game... i'll play another one and be back.

#GoPackGo
Old 08-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

All-Madden is rigged.

You cannot run the ball period. The defense knows your plays on offense.

That being said, I can pass the ball up and down the field on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #6
T9R
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
All-Madden is rigged.

You cannot run the ball period. The defense knows your plays on offense.

That being said, I can pass the ball up and down the field on them.
Agreed. I can win on all madden but every time the score ends up being something like 41-37
Old 08-18-2009, 03:20 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I honestly still think all madden is far too easy. I have to crank every rating up to about 18 to get a challenging game.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by T9R
Agreed. I can win on all madden but every time the score ends up being something like 41-37
All-Madden departs from football simulation and becomes a Game. It may not be football, but its challenging in terms of Madden IQ(as opposed to football IQ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »