Home

What can bring the fans back to EA? Scrap EVERYTHING!

This is a discussion on What can bring the fans back to EA? Scrap EVERYTHING! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:25 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: What can bring the fans back to EA? Scrap EVERYTHING!

I'll just say what I've been thinking for awhile now (And probably most of you as well):

Just buy up the 2k engine and be done with it.

When I played 2k, I felt like I was playing football. It felt like a real chess match and every play had me on the edge of my seat.

With Madden, I can put my feet up, and just chuck the ball around and still score 30+ points per game.

However, with this new approach to reach casual gamers, this is what EA wants-----a game so simple, well, read my sig. Randombrother said it best.....
Old 09-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Thats what I dont understand about this franchise: Madden will monopolize and contract everything EXCEPT the one thing that would make the gameplay decent. They monopolized the NFL brand likeness and license, they contract the in game advertisements and music...but when it comes to getting them to make actual improvements/enhancements to the gameplay engine, its like pulling teeth. what gives?...I know they're trying to take the cheap route by milking this game engine for as long as possible, but one would think that even they would be embarrassed by how dated their animations and physics engine looks compared to other sports games.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only real way to get EA to make changes is if there are enough people to bash Madden or boycott it and it leads to lower sales. Money seems to be the only way to get EA to do anything. NFL 2k did exactly that, and look EA actually took some action, although not the action everyone wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
* Balls are thrown consistently directly into the hands of the defense, but the ball bounces off of the DBs hands so there are not too many interceptions. This has been in Madden for... I don't know... forever? Why not adjust QB accuracy ratings or DB cover abilities? If a ball hits a DB in both of his hands, he should intercept it about 80% of the time, not 10%.

* Once again, if a DB doesn't see the ball coming, he cannot put his hand directly in the path of the ball and knock it down. He actually has to turn his head and see the ball.
These right here are what drive me completely insane, year in and year out. How do they still have this same crap in the passing game?

The ball isn't thrown where it should be, true. You don't see the right touch and precision on the passes. Most of the time it seems like your QB is trying to complete it to the defense and not his WR. This year your WR's finally started getting legit separation, which they never have in the past (which is sad in its own right), yet even in this year's game, you still have these idiotic tipped passes animations.

I'm sorry but when a defender isn't even looking at the ball, he's not going to turn around and BACKHAND SWAT it away at the last moment. That's the most absurd looking crap I've ever seen in a football game. It looks so stupid, they just throw a hand up from any position, whether they're looking or not, and perfectly bat the ball away. Have the devs ever watched a football game? The way they tip passes is nearly a gamekiller for me. It drives me insane.

It make much more sense if they broke down the passing game into percentages. Like okay, this play is a high percentage pass. Therefore, it should be completed, instead of tipped or thrown out of bounds. This play is not, therefore it stands to be tipped or intercepted. All of this depending on what kind of touch you put on it, what defense you're playing, QB ratings, etc, of course.

This type of thing is exactly why they need to get rid of this current build of the game. I 100% support that. Scrap EVERYTHING. Start 100% fresh with a whole new game experience, because this one is beyond old at this point. It can be okay fun and entertaining, yes. But it's far from a representation of its sport, while pretty much every other top sport has a defining game. Madden fans deserve a NEW game at this point. We spend $50-60 a year on this product, after so many years that's a ton of money we've put in their pocket. We're not satisfied with this product anymore.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I'll just say what I've been thinking for awhile now (And probably most of you as well):

Just buy up the 2k engine and be done with it.

When I played 2k, I felt like I was playing football. It felt like a real chess match and every play had me on the edge of my seat.

With Madden, I can put my feet up, and just chuck the ball around and still score 30+ points per game.

However, with this new approach to reach casual gamers, this is what EA wants-----a game so simple, well, read my sig. Randombrother said it best.....
This. Agree, with NFL2K5 I felt like I was playing a real NFL game, same with MLB the Show 10 and NBA2K10,... and how NBA2K11 is looking, its going to blow my mind away. I really don't know what EA should do at this point....
Old 09-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Bring fans back? Have you seen Madden's sales, they haven't gone anywhere. Maybe some of the old fans went away, but they have been replaced with casual gamers.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Starting from scratch is never the answer on a game that is put out every year. We would have to wait a good 3 years to get close to something as good as this years madden. Sure some things are off a bit but it's a video game. It's not real life or else we would be watching madden games instead of real football (I do that anyway because I love watching CPU vs CPU). Let's just stick with what we got and improve what we can improve. I know I'd still buy it every year.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #16
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...irst-post.html
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »