Home

Old 09-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Vick

For some reason on OS there is always lot's of Vick negativity in regards to his QB play. All I will say is wait until he starts a full game or two (pending Kolbs health/implosion) before making snap judgements.

All I can say is Vick with Weapons at WR and RB is going to be a dangerous QB. And yes he is quite a bit more accurate than what you all give him credit for. #thatisall

to answer the OP of the thread I would give him VY style ratings for the time being....That would seem to be the best answer for you.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

But can anyone get him to play like he does in real life -- meaning he will pull the ball down and take off 50% of the time -- I never see that here...

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 09-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Clips like that show why Vick has been such a waste of potential. He makes big plays and is a human highlight reel, and he also leaves a lot of plays on the field. Until he can take advantage of those opportunities, he will never be a "great QB, with a running threat." He will be a great runner with the passing threat.
i would not expect vick or 90%of QB's to make those throws, those are plays made only by the best passers, and to take a chance on passes like that you need the trust of a big physical WR and tons of job security, both of which vick does not have...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #20
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i don't care what his ratings are. it's just nice to see that guy back under center again. i hope baby arm kolb rides the pine the rest of the season. and i can't wait to see how dallas' d handles him. if they get the chance, that is.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:36 AM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

How many QB's in the NFL can make the throw he made to Brent Celek down the middle in between 4 defenders?

And somehow his accuracy is in question to the point where he's being considered just a running back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 04:32 AM   #22
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
How many QB's in the NFL can make the throw he made to Brent Celek down the middle in between 4 defenders?

And somehow his accuracy is in question to the point where he's being considered just a running back?
let's not get carried away; vick is known to be a streaky player. i wouldn't crown him after one game. (i love that rant.)

then again, he has talent at the wr position on this team, so he really could shine in this offense. i'm really hoping that he gets that chance.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Isn't the accuracy rating just a variable to calculate the consistency of hitting the receiver? I think any quarterback has the ability to throw it to a receiver's outside shoulder, but the higher the accuracy, the more consistently they can make that throw.

Vick can once in awhile thread a throw in between two defenders, but I don't see it happen too often.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 AM   #24
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

It's not impossible to throw a football. The difficulty comes in making the right throw, at the right time under pressure. How many great throws in sports history were dropped? Dan Marino has thrown some of the best incomplete passes in NFL history. Your comment follow the logic that since he complete that pass, he is great or something.

When I say he is a "running back with the threat of the pass" I really mean it. Vick is erratic. It's really a black and white open and closed issue. he can make great throws, no doubt. He also makes very poor throws and bad decisions, you know, other than killing dogs, smuggling illegal drugs, and insulting his fan base.

You have to look no further than the NFC Championship game agaisnt the Eagles. Jimmy johnson knew that if he contained Vick's running lanes and forced Michael to pass from the pocket, Vick's own poor throws and decision making would lose the Falcons the game rather than win it.

The fact that people look back at a game against the bills, and I want to say a Jaguars game where he had great passing numbers, I look at that and say "Wow, he played well twice in his career. way 2 go. It's so rare he plays well you remember the two times it ever happened.

On the football field, I like Vick. He is a human highlight reel. He is a danger every time he touches the ball. However, he is not that great of a QB. He has never shown the ability to be a true passing threat that can eat your defense alive. Randell Cunningham anyone? He was a great QB. he had the balance between scrambler and passer. If Cunningham had Vick's speed, we would see him in the Hall by now, no doubt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »