Home

Old 09-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Vick

I want to start some "official" franchises now, but I may wait until the Week 2 update. Watching Vick do what he did and Arian Foster, I may also just make a few minor changes and start one now.

I wanted OS's opinion on changes I should make to Vick. His 67medium throwing accuracy is a joke. Maybe last year, but that game showed us he improved a lot. That's all NFL Network could talk about last night. I am not talking about making Vick amazing, but in Madden's past he had around 77 general accuracy. Vince Young has 75 Medium accuracy. I was thinking of raising Vick to 75-ish Medium and 71-ish deep. Maybe more deep and less short.

I don't care about his OVR, I just want to be fair. Right now Vick is a joke in Madden [I am not even going to use the Eagles] so that should at least change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I want to start some "official" franchises now, but I may wait until the Week 2 update. Watching Vick do what he did and Arian Foster, I may also just make a few minor changes and start one now.

I wanted OS's opinion on changes I should make to Vick. His 67medium throwing accuracy is a joke. Maybe last year, but that game showed us he improved a lot. That's all NFL Network could talk about last night. I am not talking about making Vick amazing, but in Madden's past he had around 77 general accuracy. Vince Young has 75 Medium accuracy. I was thinking of raising Vick to 75-ish Medium and 71-ish deep. Maybe more deep and less short.

I don't care about his OVR, I just want to be fair. Right now Vick is a joke in Madden [I am not even going to use the Eagles] so that should at least change.
Let me preface this by saying, I bleed Green and Gold. That being said, what Vick almost did was amazing. The term "Vintage Vick" was used, it was an understatement. That being said, the Pack did gameplan for Kolb, and Vick out did himself.

I agree in Madden he is a joke, his throwing attributes should at least be on par with VY. My opinion is that his short accuracy, and decision making, are better than what they were with the Falcons. I am thinking low 80s for medium, high 70s for short, and deep somewhere in the middle. His AWR needs a boost as well.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Going up to 73 short 77 medium and 71 deep throwing accuracy along with 76 awareness puts Vick at an 80 OVR. I think that is fair. He had a good game. That doesn't mean he should be a 94 OVR, but he did look like Vick of old, though a big slower. Just a little under what you rated him feels more fair/accurate. Vick was normally a 77 or so throwing accuracy in Madden's past. He also had more arm strength. An argument could be made that his throwing power and speed have gone down, but his awarenss and throwing accuracy may be even better than he once was. I may not even disagree, but I want to see more games [and Vick is fun to watch] before I make a leap like that. An 80 OVR to start a Franchise and starting over Kolb feels fair to me. I may play with him in practice ot check his accuracy and see if it needs to go up more. Those numbers still feel like he will sail a ton of passes unlike Sunday's game. Quote Deion Sanders: "Do what you DO!"
Old 09-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

Welcome back Mike VICK!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #5
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Only Vick could play one good half of football in over 3 years and be hailed as the second coming. I am a big Vick fan and he's the reason I am a Falcons fan but at least wait until we see him against a team who gameplans to play against him all game. Basically for realism I would leave him where he is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Vick

Do not wait to see if Vick is ready for a ratings boost...He is ready now Overall 84.Increased Awareness,Short and Medium Passing accuracy,agility and toughness.Decrease Stamina some to keep yourself honest to avoid the Madden 04 M.Vick.Gameplan against Vick...Nah..you just hope to have the talent on D to contain him and that talent is on point for the game.If not try to shutdown wants around Vick bend ,but don't break or control the ball keep him off the field.Get your Popcorn ready!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

In my Mad10 franchise, Hasselbeck got injured so I had to get another QB. For some reason I couldn't pick my own without the QB holding out for a ridiculous 5 year contract (though the CPU gets them for a 1 year, 620 contract no problem).

Anyway, the best one was Vick at about 76 OVR. I personally wanted another QB that played more to my strengths (pocket staying, short throw accuracy) but opted to let the CPU get Vick (always chooses the highest OVR).

Come the end of the season when it's time to renew contracts, he's gone from 76 to 84 or 85. And demanding a ridiculous contract. Could be he'd do the same in Mad11 too.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
Rookie

ChrisKrol's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah going to start my eagles franchise soon think I'm going to use Vick as the starter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »