Home

The Greatest Game You Ever Played?

This is a discussion on The Greatest Game You Ever Played? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Greatest Game You Ever Played?

although its true that the OP described isnt a typical "sim" game, alot of the greatest NFL games & moments arent sim (i.e. the immaculate reception). to put into perspective, how many games of madden have u played & how many times has a game that u just described happened? if the answer is small then i think it is sim enough.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

um yeah how many times has this happened? every....its so easy to run back PR and KR that its an house rule...in my house that no one picks middle return...

The high scores sicken me...but what sickens me the most is when madden noobs get all excited because they actually made a bomb throw TD or ran one back on an INT and this game being so arcardish that a 10 year old can blow out the most pro madden player....
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

I had a great game playing Mad 11 (yes, that's right). Seahawks against the Saints... Brees was terrible in the first half, I picked him 3 times, ended up the bottom of the 3rd 48 - 28 in front. Then Drew woke up...

Last quarter was a desperate defensive struggle trying to keep NO at bay. CPU almost snatched victory out of my hands with a 20+ yard pass into the redzone that just got dropped in the last 2 seconds, and I won 48 - 42. Last throw came off the most amazing CPU drive I have seen. 85 yards in 45 seconds, with no timeouts left. Just one more pass and it'd been a win.

I thought I was sailing, but ended up very grateful to have won, but it felt so real. Was like the Saints forgot to show up, then realized they were losing and pulled their fingers out, or Payton changed the tactics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

It annoys me slightly to see some people having scores that would frustrate me even if I was just an arcade player. Like.. 73-20? How's that the greatest game anyone can play? Even as a arcade gamer/madden noob (Which I am not) I would still want a close even game where big plays matter.

My greatest game was playing as Arizona, I was behind 17-20 against Seattle in the 4th Qtr with 24 Sec's on the clock. I called Play Action (Which worked in M10). I had to scramble out, I found Fitzgerald deep who caught it just on the edge on the end zone. Now thats a rememberable game.

I don't get how throwing for 750 Yards and 8 TD's is fun? Obviously its set to rookie, but it would just become boring & repetitive to me.

Madden has its fair share of bugs and what not, but its meant to re-create the feeling of being in an NFL game. This is just my opinion.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just had a great game there, Titans (me) vs Cardinals (cpu). It was a good game throughout. Chris Johnson broke a couple of big TD runs and finished with 231 rushing yards.

So anyway, I was winning 21-13, then Arizona went on a great drive and scored with about 1.30 left in the 4th. 21-19.

They go for the 2 point conversion, but don't get it.

Then, the Cardinals go for the onside kick and recover it.

They go on a nice drive, with Derek Anderson getting taken out with an injury and Skelton coming in.

I manage to stop them on a 3rd down, and they line up for a field goal on 4th.

BUT... there's a flag for a false start which pushes them back 5 yards, and out of field goal range. They have to go for a 4th down conversion. Skelton throws it I knock it down.

A couple of kneel downs and I win 21-19. Thought it was a pretty great finish.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

I love ending games with knee. Makes it feel like you did a really good job.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

I have played a few good games on Madden 11, but none that I'd consider great yet. Mind you I've played less than 20 head to head games. conversely, I have a few great ones over the years:

TNT713 Vs Terror Inc. on Madden '03 (my Bucs vs his Falcons).

Tight game. I'm up 2 pts and stop him on 3rd down. He lines up to kick the 38 yard game winning FG on the last play of the game. I come screaming around the edge and block the kick, but he has subbed Mike Vick as the holder - Vick recovers the kick and runs it in for a 21 yard score at the final gun... GREAT GAME

TNT713 vs DocDre915 on Madden '07

I was at the local watering hole in Raleigh with some friends and a lady I wanted to spend time with. To hype up the game, I made an out of character wager knowing my best friend would take the bait. I invited everyone at the bar to witness the game - including the lady. At my house I commenced to opening a can of ROACH-STOMP to go up 62-21, but had been consuming too many beverages in addition to talking too much trash... I lost the game and my ante, but I got the girl. Great game.

I'm still waiting to play a barn burner in Madden 11... Maybe tonight!!!

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

Quote:
but I got the girl. Great game.
Im sure she wa.... Oh you mean the 'game'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »