Home

DONE w/ Madden, DONE w/ EA

This is a discussion on DONE w/ Madden, DONE w/ EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
DONE w/ Madden, DONE w/ EA

Last straw....

I went in to download the Madden Moments Live this evening only to find more nickel and diming from EA. GARBAGE!

I've been kinda disappointed overall with Madden this year for a number of reasons.... now I've had it!

They say they didn't have the resources to update any of the franchise modes this year, that means they weren't willing to spend the money to pay additional designers to update the modes, they didn't invest the money to overhaul the graphics engine, they didn't spend the money to re-write the net code to allow for games that don't play like molasses online.....

I will not be investing any more of my resources in EA Sports. I will most certainly sell my game so that EA does see a new game sale or any revenue from at least one other sucker out there.

I have always loved my sports games and in particular EA Sports games.... but look at what else is out there - God Of War, Halo Reach, GT5, Killzone, Uncharted..... Madden and the rest of the crappy EA Sports lineup is not even close to the production value that these games possess.

.... Feeling a little better now with that off my chest, but not much.

Last edited by mtreznin; 09-15-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: DONE w/ Madden, DONE w/ EA

Oh yeah, the importing NCAA Draft Classes is a complete and utter sham too! Thanks again EA!

And before you EA apologists start in with your comments about the longer Dev cylcles on the games I mentioned (which were just off the top of my head, I know there are many more and NONE of them sports games)......

The short EA Sports dev cycle is EA's decision and purely a financial one. They pump out an updated medicore game every year and suckers like me go out and buy them all for $60 a pop. I guess I don't blame them..... but the time has ended. I'm done with this garbage and I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one out there.

EA could very easily put out a roster update and even charge something for it meanwhile be maintaining a more adequate 2 year dev cycle on their games..... mabye they'd actually come out with a sports game that was cutting edge again.

They are so far behind the times it's not even funny! And they have the gall to charge for all these pidlywink microtransactions......

Good Bye EA.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

didnt you just post this a little while ago?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fridge
didnt you just post this a little while ago?
He did but that thread was deleted.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkevin
yea i know, i guess he thinks he is preaching or something. Just annoying to the OP, we all know madden isnt up to par but it is fine with me or atleast good enough. Not like you are saying something that none of us never thought or heard of
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkevin
Generally when you drop a F bomb you get banned, The mods must be in a good mood
Old 09-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i'm trying to get the hang of the nba 2k11 demo. it's time to migrate to a competent and complete sports title.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Cool story, bro.

*reported*
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »