Home

Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

This is a discussion on Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBOO
Wow... Just Wow. Well, I guess if ask Madden is a "New" feature to you, then who knows? I guess for you things that have been around for the last 15 years are deemed "new" makes me laygh and cry, all at the same time. Oh Well. Good luck, boobaru.
I think you're missing the point. First off, Gameflow must be used in conjunction with Gameplanning. To say Gameflow is Ask Madden is ridiculous. You obviousy haven't made any gameplans. Try it.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 19
I checked out Madden 11 from the public library. The public library has video games? Who knew? Won't be long until some story comes out about EA trying to charge libraries extra for games, but anyway....

Gameflow was fine. It did speed it up, and allow me to finish a game in record time. What Gameflow demands of you is execution. You have to be a playmaker. What Gameflow takes away is strategy. There is a challenge to scrolling through the formations, and finding the right play in a matter of seconds. You learn more football strategy, and get a better understanding of different plays, rather than just going with what the coordinator chooses. Today's players actually learn the real game as kids. It's easy enough to switch it off, and go back to the playbook, though.

Gameflow might be a good addition to NCAA 12. I'd be more likely to switch it off.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #19
Rookie

mechbutcher's Arena

OVR: 5
I really like the gameflow addition and hope it stays in the game. For the sim player this could be a real breakthrough for EA.. The future possibilities for this could be really huge for us dedicated simmers. Would love to be able to script drives and all, and gameflow different personnel packages. Hope EA keeps building on this could bring back alot of lost sim fans. Great topic thanks to the original poster
Old 09-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2

I love Gameflow. I get more games and the wife doesn't get on me as much lol.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

gameflow is awesome. gameplanning is cool too (when someone else does the hardwork and makes them for you)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I use it and like it to some extent but wish that it did really cut your time in half as advertised.I find that with 11 min. qtrs. and 20 second runoff it takes my time down from an hour to 45 minutes.Saving 15 minutes is better than nothing but I'm debating if that's really worth it.I find that I'm calling more audibles on offense and am stuck in bad formations at times on defense.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

I must be gifted or something, I can gameplan on the fly, and pick my own plays within a matter of seconds, adjust my play calling to each opponent and the in-game situation.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 49

I'm 33 with kids....wait until you get there

You know what really bugs me Chris? Its not when you dont have time to finish a game(that has no in game save feature)...its when you are in the 4th quarter kicking some computer butt, and with 1 minute to go the game freezes.

Thats the Madden reality. And the patch makes it freeze even more. I havent played a game since nearly right after the patch when my game frooze 2 out of 3 games during thew 3rd and 4th quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »