Home

Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

This is a discussion on Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
As usual the devs added gimmicks instead of fixing legacy issues... as someone else already posted, I do better calling my own plays. The computer is no better when you assign it a gameplan and gameflow, I really don't know how anyone could even suggest that these additions make the computer play any better. In every interview I have read, even the devs admit that this years game is more offensive, and that the game is easier.. anyone who can tell that by the ridiculous amount of scoring and broken tackles by mediocre player is delusional. I didn't buy Madden this year, it was given to me, and that is really the only way I will ever get the game again until they fix the game, add some type of physics in order to combat the canned animation controlled foolishness that happens.

Yes locomotion made the players move better, but even that wasn't implemented correctly, because the devs have indicated that this may be where the defensive problems lie...either way, Gameplan and Gameflow shold have been shelved until the rest of Maddens issues were resolved. My major concern has never been not having time enough to game... I only game when I have time, I don't start a game 20 minutes before I have to leave for work, anyone who has to schedule in some gaming time really just needs to grab a book or handheld, and take that with you. Your obviously busier that a doc on rotation, so that may e more suitable to your convoluted schedule.
Playing Madden since it's inception.

The CPU plays a much better game with the gameplanning feature and sliders. No question.

Out of the box the game is really easy and not realistic. If you take the time and read some of the great threads around here (slider sub forum and gameplanning subforum) you can use a ton of great advice on how to enhance this game.

To each his/her own. I think this is the best Madden since 2005/07 (gameplay wise). It has some legacy flaws. I am not going to sit here and say it is a perfect game. And Locomotion has caused some problems on defense big time. But the game is very playable offline with the adjustments I made.

Online - it is a trainwreck. And quite frankly I am going to give up playing online because I have found it near impossible to find a great true sim league and guys who don't exploit and cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
As usual the devs added gimmicks instead of fixing legacy issues... as someone else already posted, I do better calling my own plays. The computer is no better when you assign it a gameplan and gameflow, I really don't know how anyone could even suggest that these additions make the computer play any better. In every interview I have read, even the devs admit that this years game is more offensive, and that the game is easier.. anyone who can tell that by the ridiculous amount of scoring and broken tackles by mediocre player is delusional. I didn't buy Madden this year, it was given to me, and that is really the only way I will ever get the game again until they fix the game, add some type of physics in order to combat the canned animation controlled foolishness that happens.

Yes locomotion made the players move better, but even that wasn't implemented correctly, because the devs have indicated that this may be where the defensive problems lie...either way, Gameplan and Gameflow shold have been shelved until the rest of Maddens issues were resolved. My major concern has never been not having time enough to game... I only game when I have time, I don't start a game 20 minutes before I have to leave for work, anyone who has to schedule in some gaming time really just needs to grab a book or handheld, and take that with you. Your obviously busier that a doc on rotation, so that may e more suitable to your convoluted schedule.
Yes..gameplanning for all 32 teams and changing all the coaching schemes improves the cpu's play greatly...I don't know how you haven't seen this IF you've changed all 32 teams....Madden pisses me off to no end and gameflow is a glorified ask Madden...But it still has its positives....And please tell me how u guys are picking plays faster than gameflow when gameflow is just press a and you're at the LOS...Someone please explain this to me...
Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
The other side of the coin......

I think Gameflow/Gameplan is a joke. The only difference between this and Ask Madden is that you pick the pool of plays that Maddens AI randomly selects from. Thats it. Nothing more complicated or revolutionary than that. And guess what? If you throw a draw play into your 3rd and long set then your as likely to get that play on 3rd and 7 at your 11 yard line(a realistic spot for it if you don't want to risk a turnover) as you are to get it on 3rd and ball game with :01 second left when your at your opponents 37 yard line and you need a TD to win. Your simply narrowing the ways in which Ask Madden could give you a random, and sometimes stupid, play.

I use 5-8 different playbooks and I know them well. I can pick my plays as fast or faster than Gameflow and they actually make sense. Am I 19 with nothing better to do with my time? No...I'm 39 with a job, a wife, and 3 kids. Am I some cheeser who uses 3 plays all game? No...Anyone on this site who has played me will tell you that I'm as sim as they come. I use my ENTIRE PB on both sides of the ball (I run a legit 3-4 defense).

Imo, this is nothing more than EA dressing up a feature that was never worth a flip and calling it innovative. If you enjoy it and it works for you....then great. There is no right or wrong here. But as for me.....the day I have to turn to a glorified Ask Madden is the day i put the game down.

You can assign importance of plays per situation on a scale of 1 to 10, so no , you aren't as likely to get a draw play if you assign it a low number

You can also use gameflow to create playbooks for the cpu to use when you play against them....Or even have someone else do it and play against their gameplan...
Old 09-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #44
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

I am glad that everybody has fallen for the gimmick.The best advertisement that ea could put out is "play games in half the time" thats just pathetic, what about franchise, and other career modes? I dont care how much gameplanning go hand in hand with gameflow, regardless, the AI is still picking plays for you. Sound familar?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #45
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
Where this feature has shined is not for us the user but in making the CPU play and call a much tighter game. In combination with the right slider set (I use my own tweaked version of Mike32Ownz set) I am getting the most realistic and challenging Franchise madden games I have ever had in this series. I don't know if EA intended this. But this is the awesome by-product that the feature spawned and I pray they do not drop it.

Games against the CPU are 100% better.
wow, so they couldnt have tweeked the Ai this year, and instead give us something in any of the career modes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #46
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
For me I find gameflow to be more challenging than picking my own plays (while playing the CPU) because trying to pull out a 3rd and 7 draw play is so much more rewarding than being able to pick a play from your playbook that you know will work against the CPU. I believe if they add in more situations like ball position, amount down or up in score, and time left on clock it would be even better. Also in offline franchise if they add team scouting so it adjusts your gameplan for how that weeks opponent plays that would be great too
Thats just another issue with the AI being dumb as usual. Instead of you hating the fact that there is a play in your PB that you know will work, why not have the AI on defense improved. Mabye that would help, but saying that the game is more fun and challenging because the CPU is picking some terrible plays in bad situations is never a solution.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
wow, so they couldnt have tweeked the Ai this year, and instead give us something in any of the career modes?

I think the OS community is in agreement on the need to revamp offline and for that matter online franchise. No question I want my franchise mode more like 2005-2007 again.

But I don't think after reading the latest interview with Ian Cummings in IGN we are getting it. It is not a priority. According to the stats they complile on offline usage they are feeling players don't use the mode to justify the intense develpoment.

I don't agree with them...but it is what it is. If no significant changes are made to Franchise mode I will not be getting next years version and for that matter any new version till offline franchise is overhauled. It is the reason I play this game.

But again.....if you take a little time and effort (and for 60 bucks I agree we should not have to) to use the gameplanning for the CPU you will be greatly rewarded with a tight and fun game of Madden. Of course you need to tweak your sliders too.

Deal with the hand your dealt instead of just whining. Make the game better for yourself. It takes about 2-3 hours of work with the method I used. I use 5 universal gameplans for offense and 4 for defense.

Last edited by Todem; 09-20-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
Deal with the hand your dealt instead of just whining. Make the game better for yourself. It takes about 2-3 hours of work with the method I used. I use 5 universal gameplans for offense and 4 for defense.
This........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »