Home

Playing DEFENSE in Madden: Did they fix the...

This is a discussion on Playing DEFENSE in Madden: Did they fix the... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2003, 02:15 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Playing DEFENSE in Madden: Did they fix the...

Any idea if they changed the CB's coverage? If a ball is going straight at them, they wouldn't respond or let it hit them instead of intercept it. If you put your hands up, you would have an 100% of catching it.
Defense in Madden is very poor IMO.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:01 AM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

KymeraGB said:
Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

Dapo said:
Quote:

KymeraGB said:
the problem is football games cant recreate ACTUALLY playing football so they try to get it as close as possible, but we gamers can always find something to complain about.

There will always be these little probs. Just gotta live with them and try to have fun in the process

of course football games cant recreate actually playing football but the problem is madden doesnt listen to their complaints so its makes it annoying to see the same stupid problem dat could be fixed easily tweaked every year. i used to be a madden fan but since dey neva listen i will stick with the 2k series. 2k tries to fix all their problems but madden puts a new mode to cover their problems. IMO Madden is a great game but if dey dont step up 2k will take their crown away.

Sega will need sell more then 400,000 copies to take the crown from Madden........

I just cant see SEGA selling 400,000 more copies this year cause they really dont have much that has changed form last years version.

That's so sad it's not even funny.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:47 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

AI_Franchise03 said:
Any idea if they changed the CB's coverage? If a ball is going straight at them, they wouldn't respond or let it hit them instead of intercept it. If you put your hands up, you would have an 100% of catching it.
Defense in Madden is very poor IMO.

I think what you have to understand it that in real life a cornerback can't watch the WR and the QB at the same time. In Madden you can. So if you gave a CB the kind of ability that you're asking for then you would have 20 picks a game and it wouldn't be realistic.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:56 AM   #20
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Uhm...what has EA done to make playing DEFENSE more enjoyable?

All I see is them throwing right analog stick control (playmaker) into the game to make it even more offensive minded than it already is. (See the usage of the right analog stick in NBA LIVE 2003)

Madden is NOT a defense lovers paradise.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:59 AM   #21
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

HotrodderZ said:
Its all about achieving balance in the running game.

True, but IMHO there isn't balance in Madden. It's far from it.

Even a game like NFL Fever, which is geared to give up more big plays than Madden is better adept a simulating the defensive side of the ball than Madden.

I've heard that Madden is now faster than previous versions and I'm hoping the increase in speed will create a more hectic on the field experience. That's what football is.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »