Home

madden 11 hire a new coach question

This is a discussion on madden 11 hire a new coach question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
madden 11 hire a new coach question

Right now my head coach for the niners is singletary and he gives me a +1 MLB POW bonus. But when I look at him on the list of the head coaches hes 96 OVR. What does this 96 Overall mean? Because I fired singletary and hired derrick mason who hass 2 bonuses of +5 for WRs. So a total of 15 points compared to singletary's 1. but he is listed at 0 OVR. and its not because he hasnt coached before I picked terrell owens first but went to change myt mind. and TO was a 76OVR both of them are in there first year of wanting to coach. is the bonus section the only thing i should be looking at? or does the overall have a purpose to it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: madden 11 hire a new coach question

Honestly, the whole coach hiring is borked. I don't even concern myself with their boosts, etc. I just hire who I feel I want to hire. What's irritating to me is that I have to re-hire the same coach every single year, no matter what his contract length is how how well I do the previous year.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

OVR is coach approval.

Hire the retired players. They all give mad boosts. Heck, I hire guys like Vrabel on special teams just for the lolb boost.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

this aspect of the game definitely needs improvement, but so do all games that rate coaches
Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

so let me clarify derrick mason even tho he is 0 OVR is better than mike singletart cuz singletart has +1 MLB POW but mason has +5 WR route, +5 WR 2 other stats??? i think they were break and catch either way its 15 points compared to 1 with mike singletary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 06:00 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

ovr is coach approval. You see teams on top of the standings with 100 ovr coaches and teams on the bottom with 34 ovr coaches.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Coach hiring and firing is a sadly neglected part of the offline franchise. With the faces gone, I don't bother looking at anything other than their boosts, LBs for defense and WRs for offense. That's it.

Would be much more involving if your playbooks were contingent on the head coach (want Singletary? Get him AND his playbooks), and default gameflow based on the coordinators. So if you want to play 3 - 4 zones, you'd need the coach that plays 3 - 4, then the coordinator that prefers zone cover.

If players retire to coach, let them mandate the playbook they played most often, or most successfully with.

And give them their faces back. That way picking your staff becomes a much more involving, human experience.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

FUBAR parts of the coaching system:

1. Retired star players lose their nicely done head scans, and get generic faces in the coaching pool. Makes no sense, and reduces the fantasy of hiring one.

2. Why do the best boosts come from retired players, ie. rookie coaches, rather than experienced vet coaches?

3. Some real HC's disappear from the coaching pool, not necessarily unrealistic, but younger guys like Pete Carroll disappeared on me and Norv Turner remains in season 19???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »