Home

Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....?

This is a discussion on Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmitty777
I think 85 is perfect for vick. If they just made his speed where it should be he would go up 5 or 6 points. Has anyone else notice its hard to run with Qb's. Vick blows by de's in real life and struggles to get anywhere in madden.

He used to be a 89 and 90 overall 3years ago and he is more accurate now. He still needs to prove a little more for those ratings but speed needs to go up.

I suggest 96sp 98agility 97acc. still runs a high 4.2's or low 4.3
Ur kidding right first of all the reason Vick blows by DEs is cause he waits for them to be out of position. 96 speed? Not even close he's fast for a qb but he's not one of the fastest guys in the league. 4.2? Where r u getting this from ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #42
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
that right there shows the problem stats lie they shoulnt be basing their ratings on stats they should be based on actual film its like i said u can compare foster against the colts and foster against the redskins because the redskins and colts dont play the same way they are different teams and the skins were ready for him. only stats that could be used are averages such as ypc, ypg, yac, and so on but individual stats are way too skewed (not saying the stats i mentioned arent but they seem to be more fair)

and actually in nba games they update rosters everyday so it the same thing u cant mesure a guys ability from 1 single game
really? didnt know that, since there is no pop up screen for u to download roster probably overlooked it. and yes, EA is too busy making stupid useless patches so they don't have time to watch 16 games, i watch around 1-2 games a week. and watch the whole highlight shows, if EA can hire maybe 5-10 people to watch everygame then maybe this problem can be fix. can't wait till friday or saturday. want to see by how far vick rating increase. come on pastapadre, im waiting for you.

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 09-23-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleypro
really? didnt know that, since there is no pop up screen for u to download roster probably overlooked it. and yes, EA is too busy making stupid useless patches so they don't have time to watch 16 games, i watch around 1-2 games a week. and watch the whole highlight shows, if EA can hire maybe 5-10 people to watch everygame then maybe this problem can be fix. can't wait till friday or saturday. want to see by how far vick rating increase. come on pastapadre, im waiting for you.
every time u try and play online if a new roster came out it tells u u cant play unless u download it so im not sure how u miss it

trust me EA has more than enough time to watch all 16 games thats all donny moores job is watch film and rate players. i actually watch a game every night of the week and im just one person. if EA says they cant do it its all bull****
Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Ur kidding right first of all the reason Vick blows by DEs is cause he waits for them to be out of position. 96 speed? Not even close he's fast for a qb but he's not one of the fastest guys in the league. 4.2? Where r u getting this from ?
I JUST watched Michael Vick for 1 1/2 Games Blowing by cornerbacks and safeties and what not and you're saying he's not one of the fastest quarterbacks in football? dude get outta here
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
This is why I hate to get into big ratings adjustments this early.

Do we want to make Kolb a 65 because of a quarter and a half of football and make Vick a 90,which he deserves after a game and a half?

If Vick throws 3 int's next game will he go back down below 80?

Does Joe Flacco deserve to go down into the 60's right now?

I think rating adjustments should be done in 4 game increments and then there should be a degree of discretion after only 4 games are played.
Hold it How bout we talk about SKILL. Why are all of Vicks passing accuracy ratings below 80? That is trash and he is unplayable. he IS the fastest quarterback in football and I'm not debating that. All I want is his old speed rating of 94 back and for him to be "playable" so his accuracy ratings have to be boosted. Also IF Ratings determine a players value when compared to other players then in reality shouldn't Vick be around a 97? lol I'm not saying he deserves that I'm just saying when you are comparing raw talent in the NFL Michael Vick is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL (only based on the last 2 weeks I would rate them 1.Jay Cutler 2.Michael Vick 3. Matt Schaub)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #46
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
every time u try and play online if a new roster came out it tells u u cant play unless u download it so im not sure how u miss it

trust me EA has more than enough time to watch all 16 games thats all donny moores job is watch film and rate players. i actually watch a game every night of the week and im just one person. if EA says they cant do it its all bull****
i was talking the nba 2k10 roster updates and i dont play online either on madden. thats what i said, they are wasting their time and just dont feel like watching 16 games every week. its a lot easier to pick up a stats book. i am also thinking that the do watch the games because then why would they wait till Friday to release this? should take 2-3 days to do updates in my opinion if u are just looking at stats, transactions don't take that long either. also, on the topic of vick not being the faster QB in the league and not being one of the fastest guys on the field. ask any defensive player, they will tell u that vick is amazingly fast. ok, also, so, is vick gonna scramble if the DE's are doing a QB contain and every LB is spying on him? no. thats the difference between Falcons Vick and Eagles Vick. he is smarter, he is no longer the fastest player on the field, just one of the fastest. i think vick could run a 4.40 easily and maybe creak up to high 4.30's. the dash measures straight up speed, not really game speed, just track speed. look at darrius heyward-bey, prime example. a counter example would be chris johnson, CJ has other skill sets besides speed so thats y he is so good. anyway, i really like this thread, and i think it should continue, cross fingers mod don't close this down because the roster update rating are out and will be available on friday.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/09/23...ils#more-27964

Nate Allen S PHI Increase, from 75 to 77OVR
Michael Vick QB PHI Increase, from 78 to 80OVR
LeSean McCoy HB PHI Increase, from 79 to 82OVR
DeSean Jackson WR PHI Increase, from 89 to 90OVR

so my prediction was right low 80's or 79 overall. i think we could see a possible 85 by the end of this week. i think vick kills the jags. no good speed rusher(kampman is aight.) traded one of their best dbs to bengals earlier this season, i like DJ(Desean Jackson) matchup this week, maclin gonna have big game and its the start of a new era. the thing im worried about his vick's potential. i really want to do a eagles chise but i would be too tempted to keep with vick and his c or b potential for way too long. i think he deserves a A. what yall think?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
I JUST watched Michael Vick for 1 1/2 Games Blowing by cornerbacks and safeties and what not and you're saying he's not one of the fastest quarterbacks in football? dude get outta here
"he's fast for a qb but he's not one of the fastest guys in the league"

can u read?

and the reason he runs by everyone is because they arent in position to hit him DL men are being blocked by 300 plus lb OL men and the LBs and secondary are in coverage. they arent constantly looking for him to run as they would if a rb gets da ball. i never once said he wasnt fast and yea probably is the fastest qb (dixon is pretty fast too) but he is not da fastest guy in da league there are a lot of faster guys in the league. btw 40 times are skewed and dont show true football speed i guarantee u vick runs around a 4.4.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleypro
i was talking the nba 2k10 roster updates and i dont play online either on madden. thats what i said, they are wasting their time and just dont feel like watching 16 games every week. its a lot easier to pick up a stats book. i am also thinking that the do watch the games because then why would they wait till Friday to release this? should take 2-3 days to do updates in my opinion if u are just looking at stats, transactions don't take that long either. also, on the topic of vick not being the faster QB in the league and not being one of the fastest guys on the field. ask any defensive player, they will tell u that vick is amazingly fast. ok, also, so, is vick gonna scramble if the DE's are doing a QB contain and every LB is spying on him? no. thats the difference between Falcons Vick and Eagles Vick. he is smarter, he is no longer the fastest player on the field, just one of the fastest. i think vick could run a 4.40 easily and maybe creak up to high 4.30's. the dash measures straight up speed, not really game speed, just track speed. look at darrius heyward-bey, prime example. a counter example would be chris johnson, CJ has other skill sets besides speed so thats y he is so good. anyway, i really like this thread, and i think it should continue, cross fingers mod don't close this down because the roster update rating are out and will be available on friday.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/09/23...ils#more-27964

Nate Allen S PHI Increase, from 75 to 77OVR
Michael Vick QB PHI Increase, from 78 to 80OVR
LeSean McCoy HB PHI Increase, from 79 to 82OVR
DeSean Jackson WR PHI Increase, from 89 to 90OVR

so my prediction was right low 80's or 79 overall. i think we could see a possible 85 by the end of this week. i think vick kills the jags. no good speed rusher(kampman is aight.) traded one of their best dbs to bengals earlier this season, i like DJ(Desean Jackson) matchup this week, maclin gonna have big game and its the start of a new era. the thing im worried about his vick's potential. i really want to do a eagles chise but i would be too tempted to keep with vick and his c or b potential for way too long. i think he deserves a A. what yall think?
Well yea I just started my eagles chise and I have vick at an 87 ovr because of his trash potential/rating so yea if you are going to do an eagles chise and stay with vick over kolb then you are going to HAVE to make your own edits
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »