Home

9 reasons Madden is Better than the NFL.

This is a discussion on 9 reasons Madden is Better than the NFL. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: 9 reasons Madden is Better than the NFL.

Interesting perspective. I totally disagree, but... the first amendment says he can say what he wants.

What I don't get is that Madden can be all things to all people. Give us a list of options that we can turn on or off as we like... player personality? Yes please. Air-it-out games? No thanks.

Simples. Keeps the masses and simmers happy all with a few checkboxes.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Interesting perspective. I totally disagree, but... the first amendment says he can say what he wants.

What I don't get is that Madden can be all things to all people. Give us a list of options that we can turn on or off as we like... player personality? Yes please. Air-it-out games? No thanks.

Simples. Keeps the masses and simmers happy all with a few checkboxes.
Nice to know someone else has some common sense when it comes to this problem of 'sim gamers & arcade players'.

I posted something very similar to this in the M12 Idea's thread. The reason why custom sliders are
there is for us sim gamers. Pretty much all the options in Madden are there for personal perference. Arcade gamers can leave them as they are. Sim gamers can mess around with them to get the most realistic experience. Yet EA can't add a few more options in franchise mode, one's like you said and others such as OTA's, Training camp etc etc. Just a simple option that says "On or Off". SIMPLE.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
So sit back, relax and enjoy a simulated Super Bowl celebration that puts the real one to shame.
Stopped reading after this. This article's a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Utilitarianism. the greatest happiness for the greatest number.
It has nothing to with "the greatest happiness for the greatest number." If that's the case, why are the developers of other sports titles striving to make their game as realistic as possible ?

The author of this article is a tool, plain and simple. If arcadey game-play is where it's at, every sports game would arcadey. Madden isn't as realistic as it could be because it's easier, and cheaper, to simply ignore some aspects of realism; the NFL brand, which only EA can use, sells the product.

Isn't it funny that none of the Madden commercials show any footage of actual game-play.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Eh well. Good thing for me there's a game coming out in a couple of weeks that doesn't have this problem. Hopefully it will sell well enough to change executive's minds about what the masses can/will enjoy.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

I can see this thread causing a few heated discussions. And I think its pretty obvious why. The guy who wrote the article is a joke. The article is a joke. Which makes this thread.. a joke.

Quote:
Isn't it funny that none of the Madden commercials show any footage of actual game-play.
Exactly. The actual trailer to get everyone pumped up showed players on the bus, getting off the bus, in the locker room, entering the stadium, and then went into a 'First person view' of Josh Freeman's view from inside his helmet. None of that is in the game. I was about to say "Isn't it funny how the Madden 11 trailer showed the Tampa Bat Buccaneers.. maybe because both are crap" but Tampa is doing pretty well right now.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Stopped reading after this. This article's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
I can see this thread causing a few heated discussions. And I think its pretty obvious why. The guy who wrote the article is a joke. The article is a joke. Which makes this thread.. a joke.
...You guys are killing me. You think someone is honestly suggesting scrapping real football for a game? A sense of humor is a wonderful thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

Quote:
The NFL is great. But the NFL as played in the Madden franchise of video games has surpassed it. It's time the real NFL fired their human players and made the switch to a 100% digital league. It would do wonders for the salary cap. Am I being serious. My heart says no, but this acid I took says yes. Either way, here are 9 ways in which Madden is better than the real NFL.
Usually being serious and having a sense of humor are two different things. Just saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »