Home

Madden generated draft classes.....

This is a discussion on Madden generated draft classes..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Madden generated draft classes.....

I I like madden draft it's better than nothing I give ea that there generated classes are nice if you don't read spoilers and over scout... I'm not huge college fan you like real players and when there partnered up with NCAA football series why aren't the classes coming out better. You got Locker,Luck, and Mallett all to be in the first 10 picks maybe. I think bills raiders and jags would go qb looking at there situation who knows maybe another team might like one of those guys to. All those would be fun to play offline franchise and draft one of those guys for the teams mentioned. The qbs are coming out not right among other stuff and isn't going to be in a patch. What are you guys rolling with generated or NCAA class? In nor bashing ea I think they make a solid game they just forgot about us old school franchise guys been playing since tecmo man lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden generated draft classes.....

The generated draft classes aren't bad. They just over do it on each class though. I have never counted after the draft, but there has got to be at least 8-10 RB/WR/CB rookies every year with 98 speed, and another 8-10 offensive linemen with 98 strength.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

The sizes are odd as well. Multiple O-linemen over 6'9, receivers who are 6'4 235 with 97 speed, many 6'2+ CB's.

Once in a lifetime it would be cool to see some titanic 6'10 OL who is fantastic but IRL they would be too tall and give DE's an easy shot to get under their pads.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

NCAA imports are more realistic. Generated classes from Madden produce far more A potential guys throughout the rounds, and far more high rated players. It's just too easy to make your team a powerhouse through generated classes, and far too easy to keep it there.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
The sizes are odd as well. Multiple O-linemen over 6'9, receivers who are 6'4 235 with 97 speed, many 6'2+ CB's.

Once in a lifetime it would be cool to see some titanic 6'10 OL who is fantastic but IRL they would be too tall and give DE's an easy shot to get under their pads.
I drafted a WR that is 6'11. Last name Odom, he's in the low 70s overall, not sure which draft I picked him from. It looks really odd having him on the field, he towers over everyone making the biggest players look kind of small.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

They are a little over done, but not a ton of those players are actually any good. In my limited experience with the draft classes, you only see so many players who are physical beasts who are also amazing players, like in real life. manny Lawson of the 49ers is a 6'5"-6'6" OLB who played DE in college who is also the 2ed fastest LB only to P. Willis, and that is mostly because Lawson had two big injuries in his rookie and 2ed year as a pro that has slowed him down a tad. He is a physical beast, but not an elite LB, even with Singletary as his head coach. He has played a lot better, as he should, but he is still far and away from being the combination of elite player/elite physical specimen that everyone in SF hoped he would be.

I have found the draft classes to not be that much different. I will not reveal the player's name, but the jets drafted a DE in the 6th round in year two of my offlien franchise and they did not resign him after 1 season. i found him in the free agent pool and he was a 6'6" monster with lots o strength and not a lot of speed. he had like 90+ tackle, block shedding and power moves after only 1 season in the league. His play recognition and pursuit were his only weaknesses. As an A pot player who was very young, i gave him a contract he deserved. something like 77mill over 6 or 7 years. I have not regreted it. his block shedding and tackling make him a perennial run stuffer and his 90+ power moves out of a LE make him a force in the passing game as well.

3-4 DE are rare in real life, and in my franchise I haven't been able to find a bookend end to replace the aging I. Sopoaga yet. I'm not expecting a clone of my guy, but the point is they are rare.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
3-4 DE are rare in real life, and in my franchise I haven't been able to find a bookend end to replace the aging I. Sopoaga yet. I'm not expecting a clone of my guy, but the point is they are rare.
Interestingly, there are virtually NO 3-4 DE's coming in from NCAA imports, DE's are all too light, not in the 290+ range as a 3-4 typically calls for. However, I've found NO trouble finding them in generated classes. At worst you look for lighter DT's and change their positions.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Interestingly, there are virtually NO 3-4 DE's coming in from NCAA imports, DE's are all too light, not in the 290+ range as a 3-4 typically calls for. However, I've found NO trouble finding them in generated classes. At worst you look for lighter DT's and change their positions.
Again, it's in part the skill set/ratings that fit the 3-4 end. After posting that, I did end up finding another 3-4 end in the draft. In the 3rd round I ended up selecting an 81OVR DE who was in the 6'4" 275 range with 80+ tackle, 88 block shedding and 90+ power moves. His pursuit is nice as well.

I haven't done much NCAA importing, but that's because I don't like how poorly it was done. Palyers comming in wrong, with college numbers and wrong equipment. I can fix my own players, and do, but I don't wwant ot fix everyone [my opponents.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »