Home

I hate to say it but...

This is a discussion on I hate to say it but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: I hate to say it but...

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Simple as this -- if Sega's style fits your gameplay preferences, Sega's game is the winner. If Madden's style fits your gameplay preferences, then Madden is the winner. There will never be a clear winner...except Madden, in terms of sales

My only hesitation in buying Madden is the similiar engine it shares with NCAA 2004, which I purchased. The fact I'm an XBox owner has be leaning toward ESPN.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:36 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

SportsAce said:
I really hate to admit it but I think ESPN NFL Football will beat Madden for best football game this year.

he means beat it out in quality of the games...and finally you have seen the light! lol
Old 08-04-2003, 04:02 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

If i had still had a xbox id get ESPN just to have a diff style of play. But i sold all my consoles (g/f wants a xbox again so maybe i can convince her to pick up EPSN too LOL)

but ill have Madden for PC this year. I enjoyed 2k-2k2 (3 wasnt my kind of game, i dunno why). Im glad we didnt turn this into a huge argument

Very Mature people here.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:51 PM   #20
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

dave374 said:
Sega's football game just didn't play as smooth as Madden last year - the passes were floaty, the game didn't seem to always run over 30fps (PS2), and I hated the play selector interface.
Sega seems to have a problem with fps in their PS2 games - they're all jittery - especially World Series Baseball.
I prefer Sega's basketball game to EA's though.
And... competition is good - and Sega's football game was hardly a slouch.

So true... That was my biggest complaint with NFL 2k last year. The PS2 version was miserable in terms of frame rate. I loved the 2k series on the Dreamcast, but the lousy framerate on last year's PS2 version killed the game for me. Sega's been drumming the "polish" of this year's version and I have an Xbox now too so I'll be picking it up down the road, but Madden's new owner mode has me eager to try that out first.

As to the main issue: who has the better game will be open for debate. Madden won't be beaten in the sales figure department though, no matter how good ESPN is, until Sega does some halfway decent marketing over the course of a few years.

Old 08-04-2003, 08:00 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5

the problem is Sega doesnt market there games as good as other companies and its due tothe fact there hard up for $$.

The Dreamcast was a great system but how many comercials did you see about it?? I think i saw about 5 the entire time it was out. It died cause there was no advertising and if SEGA cant improve there marketing then there gonna be behind in sales for a long time.

I want SEGA to succeed cause i think there the makers of some of the best games ever to grace consoles. I hope they can stick around cause without SEGA,i think the video game market is gonna hurt a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2003, 09:04 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

before i ever change from madden, madden will have to be a game I can't enjoy playing. So if madden keeps me intrested, no reason to change it. Besides NBA2k3 disapointed me beyond words. So SEGA has ground in my market.

Madden
Old 08-05-2003, 04:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Until Sega's football games become more polished, EA shouldn't have too much to worry about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »