Home

Speed Matters Way Too Much, Offense Is Still Too Powerful

This is a discussion on Speed Matters Way Too Much, Offense Is Still Too Powerful within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Speed Matters Way Too Much, Offense Is Still Too Powerful

Watching Desean Jackson highlights these past two weekends makes me think Madden is spot on.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i don't think the offline players really get it...i'm sure it doesn't matter vs the cpu cause i mean c'mon...its the cpu...

in relations to what the op said, our online sim league is coming up on its 8th fantasy draft franchise and it will be a fight to grab up the speed and accelration. a few guys are unfortunately always left in the dark drafting offensive lineman and generally slow players.

the top teams in not only wins, but stats as well are probably somewhere around a 60 overall. its doesn't matter though, overall means as much as the majority of the other ratings.

having everyone on your team aside from the qb (obviously tha and thp matter) and the oline (nothing matters here, draft AFTER 2nd string) possessing 90+ speed is cruicial to compete. if you don't, prepare to get ripped apart by speed and acceleration. is it sim? no...not really, but neither is madden...its an arcade shootout game, we just try keep it like arena football without the nano's and general rocket catching.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

^^ I agree with this ^^

I am a lowly offline player. Why? About 10 minutes into my first All-Pro offline franchise, after not playing any Madden since 2008... it was apparent that massive slider tweaks would be needed to make things remotely playable. Madden 11 Jahvid Best made Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson look like he was using a walker with tennis ball stoppers on the feet. (I was pretty sure that the only thing All-Madden would do would be to make the guys on your team perform like doofs... and that appears to be the case)

Playing on any out of the box settings was just not going to give me the type of game I enjoy playing... so I haven't bothered to take Madden 11 online and I'm sure I never will.

However, while the CPU is still too easy to beat, you can do a lot to make the game somewhat enjoyable. The main CPU problem isn't so much the players or lack of decent slider options, but the awful coaching / playcalling AI. You can do some things to help this as well, but it's work that I haven't really bothered doing yet. For now, I'm happy playing my offline franchise... as even with the limited franchise game mode... I still really enjoy scouting and drafting and trading and whatnot as much as I do playing on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
i don't think the offline players really get it...i'm sure it doesn't matter vs the cpu cause i mean c'mon...its the cpu...

in relations to what the op said, our online sim league is coming up on its 8th fantasy draft franchise and it will be a fight to grab up the speed and accelration. a few guys are unfortunately always left in the dark drafting offensive lineman and generally slow players.

the top teams in not only wins, but stats as well are probably somewhere around a 60 overall. its doesn't matter though, overall means as much as the majority of the other ratings.

having everyone on your team aside from the qb (obviously tha and thp matter) and the oline (nothing matters here, draft AFTER 2nd string) possessing 90+ speed is cruicial to compete. if you don't, prepare to get ripped apart by speed and acceleration. is it sim? no...not really, but neither is madden...its an arcade shootout game, we just try keep it like arena football without the nano's and general rocket catching.
I DO get it but it's being looked at all wrong.Instead of a 'speed problem' it's really a 'can't adjust sliders online' problem.Obviously everything would be just fine then.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Speed-------This is why they have the speed threshold slider.Move it up to 100 and see what you think.

Too much offense-----try raising the many defensive sliders,mainly reaction time for pass defense.

I know this doesn't help for online play but at least you can get the game where you want it offline.
This doesn't help for online play, sliders (and the speed threshold) would be more useful if the franchise mode was worth a darn.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #14
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I DO get it but it's being looked at all wrong.Instead of a 'speed problem' it's really a 'can't adjust sliders online' problem.Obviously everything would be just fine then.
oh if we could have custom online sliders for online franchises it'd make things a lot better for all of us...so sick of just picking off all the speed as fast as possible. you stand back and look at your team and your like, no way can i beat people with these guys lol...but damn when they hit the field they don't miss a bead.

i think the sliders i did have in my offline attempt (4 games before i couldn't take it anymore) made the gameplay 100x better...if we COULD have them applied by a commish for online franchise that would be amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »