Home

Training Camp Mode...

This is a discussion on Training Camp Mode... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2003, 07:58 AM   #1
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Training Camp Mode...

With all the talk last year of making the Mini-Camp mode part of your franchise, i'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about the new training camp mode to improve your players. I think it's extra's like this that people are sleeping on when comparing the two game (Madden and ESPN). Right now, ESPN has nothing to match this mode in Madden.

I saw a picture of it in that guys post who has the game early and it reminded me that this was part of the game. I'm excited about it and I think it's gonna add even more depth once you get going in your franchise.

So does anyone else have any more information on this mode (like the type of drills or how it works)?

((PEACE.))
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Training Camp Mode...

I am definitely going to use it .

I think it is a great Idea .
Old 08-04-2003, 08:43 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I just hope it isn't too easy to boost all of your players ratings at will.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

If not mistaken in the training mode u have complete the drill to get the progression,but if dont, it can hurt your player's attributes it instead of helping them.So, I dont think ea is going to make it that easy to complete the drills.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:46 AM   #5
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

It's going to be a great feature. Plus, with my NCAA draft class I'll be doing it with? 0wnage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2003, 09:48 AM   #6
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

MrE_Gamer said:
If not mistaken in the training mode u have complete the drill to get the progression,but if dont, it can hurt your player's attributes it instead of helping them.So, I dont think ea is going to make it that easy to complete the drills.

what happens is u pick a guy to do a drill (1 guy for one drill) say a kicker has an 80 overall rating so u do the kicking drill and u win a few times so ur up to 85, but the then u lose all of what u earned so ur back down to an 80, but even if u try again and lose u still cant go below an 80, what EA means is if u earns points and keep on doing the drill and lose, u can only risk the points that u just won.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is there going to be a limit on how many players we can put through these drills, or can we put everyone through the drills like even people like jerry rice and stuff?
Old 08-04-2003, 12:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think you can only choose one player per drill, and they can't have more than fours years of pro experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »