Home

What do u base your fantasy team on?

This is a discussion on What do u base your fantasy team on? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 16
What do u base your fantasy team on?

Rushing, Passing, or Defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: What do u base your fantasy team on?

Offense: my offensive scheme. Cant give out details. Its very gameplan my PSN is DaBallocaust if you want to see it.

Defense: strong DT, fast LB, shutdown corners with high man coverage.

Draft to the way you play. In OF's all my LBs including bench players are over 80 speed and usually DEs are also except big strong DTs like terrence cody. OVR is only there for simulation. It dosent mean nothing. Yes typically better players have high overalls but theres low ovr players who are better. Travis Beckum TE -63ovr HE NEVER DROPS ANYTHING. in fact his ovr goes up to a 75 at WR. So whats that mean??? Most LB go up A LOT at DE. Main thing is draft to your offensive scheme.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
Banned

I focus on defense. My 1st 4 picks are Defensive players then a WR then back to defense.

My first 4 picks are always this:

Number 1: Zone coverage CB example: Asante Samules
Number 2: Strong DE example: Shuan Ellis
Number 3: Man coverage CB example: Dominque Rodgers- Cromartie
Number 4: Blanced Linebacker example: Johnathan Vilma
Old 09-28-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tactic
I focus on defense. My 1st 4 picks are Defensive players then a WR then back to defense.

My first 4 picks are always this:

Number 1: Zone coverage CB example: Asante Samules
Number 2: Strong DE example: Shuan Ellis
Number 3: Man coverage CB example: Dominque Rodgers- Cromartie
Number 4: Blanced Linebacker example: Johnathan Vilma
The problem with Samuel and DRC is that both of these CBs are not physical. They have low press coverage, low block shedding, and low tackle ratings. I prefer to use players like Cortland Finnegan and Vonte Davis with Kyle Wilson as my nickle back when I draft. All three of these payrs have 90+ press coverage, have high block shedding and high tackle for a CB. Vonte Davis and Kyle Wilson have high man coverage ratings for a rookie and 1 year pro as well. Jarome Murphy [70 OVR] is a great 4th string dime package CB to add to your team as well.

In answer to your question, I want a run heavy team with a dominating physical 3-4 defense. I like to look for Vernon Davis with my 1st selection, Cortland Finnegan with my 2ed, and Calvin Johnson Jr. with my 3rd. Having Davis and Johnson as run blockers on the strong side and the passing threat they provide, you can really open up your offense with out having to invest too much into it. there are a lot of good defensive palyers who have lower OVR ratings you can take advantage of. if you paly the 3-4, look at Ravens backup DT 72 OVR T. Cody. He has around 89+ tackle, power moves, and block shedding as a rookie. His weaknesses are his lack of speed and his pursuit/play recognition. When looking for a NT in Madden, who cares? The NT isn't asked to chase backs from sideline to sideline or sniff out play action or rush the passer from the edge. A NT needs to plug running lanes and occupy blockers in the passing game. Having 90 or so tackle helps as well. What good is player who cannot tackle? Also look for 49ers LE Issac Sopoaga [71 OVR.] His wekaness is his 74-ish power moves in the pass rushing department. He has 94 or so block shedding and tackle. he is all about being a run stuffing DE. Not having to draft DEs, or a DT early allows you to pick LBs and offensive linemen in picks 4-9.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
Banned

Hmm i see what your saying. Believe me I know how good is Kyle Wilson. He is always my number 3 CB. With Kareem Jackson as my 4th. Also I know how good Tarrence Cody is too. He gets me plenty of sacks when I need them. I also draft DT Linval Joseph(Ovr 71) who is pretty good. He once led my team in sacks. He even had a 5 sack game for me. As for my run game goes, I draft either Jahvid Best or Reggie Bush for my starting RB. For QB I draft someone who can throw but can run as well. Examples: Vick, Young, Tebow. Linebackers, well, for MLB I perfer a good coverage LB. As for OLB I want speed and block shead.(Normally if Demarcus Ware or Jon Beason is there for my pick I go with him over a CB)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

speed and acceleration are all i look for in online drafts, its almost too easy though if my opponent doesn't have an equally fast team as cover 1 smothers any routes. having the fastest ends makes a 3 man rush very effective while speed controls the entire secondary, no other ratings matter more.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
Rookie

Quality O-Line, a good DE, MLB, and SS... I can get by with a mediocre QB as long as I have a speedy WR with good catch in traffic.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

i tend to build defense first, you can always find players to score points... i like to run a 3-4, try to pick up Clay Matthews and LaMarr Woodley on the outside, and good man cover corners as well... I also focus on the OLine most on offense, get a midlevel quarterback with high potential, same at RB and WR, there is a lot of talent that will be studs in 2 years

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »