Home

Underrated wide receiver you have had success with?

This is a discussion on Underrated wide receiver you have had success with? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Underrated wide receiver you have had success with?

Quote:
As for me I go to James Casey my 3rd string TE. He catches nearly everything and is very strong.
He was a Fullback in Madden 10 right? I remember changing him to TE and was pretty stunned by how much better he was. Blocks well, good catcher.

I just thought of a guy. Mike Wallace. His not under-rated (At least I hope not anyway) but he is a beast in M11, and was brilliant this past weekend. Got to give it to the steelers. 3-0 with their 3rd string QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Underrated WR, not overrated WR. But for me it has to be Josh Cribbs. The man is a beast in the slot. Just got done with year 1 in my online franchise, and he had 56 catches for 1142 yards, and 15 TD's, throw in 3 more KR TD, and 2 more PR TD, and you have what amounts to my entire offense (when DeAngelo Williams isn't running with the rock)
I traded for Josh Cribbs in one of my franchises as the Panthers. He was awesome. When i couldnt get the ball to Steve Smith id look for him and he catch anything most of the time but was very deadly on kick return and punt return duties. As a receiver he would have 500/600 yards a season with maybe 6-7 tds and a few tds on kick/punt return. Guy is just awesome in madden.

Dwayne Jarrett seems to play good for me in madden aswell. Perfect receiver over the middle and doesnt seem to drop the ball after a big hit over the middle. Not much speed but a good cheap receiver.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #27
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Julian Edelman and Brandon Tate. In my franchise I always trade Moss away in year 1 and these two more than make up for him
Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Donald Driver. He catches just about everything over the middle and he is hard to bring down for a WR. People also underestimate his speed and due to his route running he can get open on just about any route.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #29
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
Easily James Jones. If I can't get the ball to Driver or Jennings, I rely on Jones. Him and Finley are having big years for my team in franchise.

Definitely Jones, he serves as my saftey net when my 1 and 2 are covered. I can't say the same for Nelson (in game anyway) he seems to drop way too many balls.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #30
Madden Ultimate Team Hero

fredropro's Arena

OVR: 9
Jacoby jones is my go to guy when A johnson is covered
Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SiQ2Quit
Just wonder who other people have had good success with Denis Northcutt was prob one of my fav receivers until he got a compound fracture in his leg. I'm more of a fan towards tall receivers who can get up and get the ball wat about you guys
some WR's are beyond my understanding..

I play coach mode so playmakers.. REALLY stand out to me.. I've had multiple chises now, but 3 players destroy my definition of playmakers

low ovr's, LOW attributes, just.. generally speaking, they're free agent pool material.. and yet somehow they consistently make plays if they ever get any playtime (I notice them mostly due to injury or being subbed in at times, but mostly due to injury)

here are 3 that have been standouts for me..

TE - Fred Davis
WR - Roberto Wallace
WR - Ted Ginn

not even bothering listing their ovr's or anything, their attributes are all low, their ovr's are crap I think R. Wallace is like 68? but anyhows.. there's just something about these players

everytime they get any playtime.. all they do is make plays for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 21

Brandon Tate

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »