Home

NCAA 11,NBA 2k11,Fifa 11 ,The Show,& NHL 11

This is a discussion on NCAA 11,NBA 2k11,Fifa 11 ,The Show,& NHL 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 11,NBA 2k11,Fifa 11 ,The Show,& NHL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I just played the NBA 2k11 demo and I honestly believe that gameplay is garbage. Sure it has cool presentation but the buttons and joystick movement don't correspond correctly... I'll have to take your word on all the other games since I didn't try them myself but I can truly say that madden is better than 2k11. Im starting to believe that you guys are complaining just to complain.
Maybe you played the Elite demo because that would make alot more sense. If not than the poster above is right, that is the craziest post I have seen in a long while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #42
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
Elite had competition, MLB 2k had competition, Sony's NBA had competion, millions of shooters have competition...competition can help in some cases....but its still depends more on time, direction, and resources.
EA has resources, direction (unguided by the consumer for the most part) and the same amount of time as fifa, nhl, nba2k etc, what do they lack????? An excuse........

My answer is motivation triggered by being outsold by a fellow NFL game, shooters are unhindered by a license and WW2 and modern shooters can only be done so much, then you have space shooters, how many other quality shooters can you have with something different without being the same thing??? Football is different, EA is different........no excuses
Old 09-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #43
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Great thread.

It's simple, Madden needs to set the bar higher and stop trying to be a casual game.

Sports gamers are mostly hard core to the bone. Have a sim mode and have a arcade mode. NBA 2K11 is doing it, and other sports titles can do it. Why is Madden not doing it?

And BTW I really like M11 but it could be so much better. The potential is there. They hopefully are reading and listening to their hard core buyers. The ones that have been with them since 1991.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Great thread.

It's simple, Madden needs to set the bar higher and stop trying to be a casual game.

Sports gamers are mostly hard core to the bone. Have a sim mode and have a arcade mode. NBA 2K11 is doing it, and other sports titles can do it. Why is Madden not doing it?
This^^^ I could not have said it better myself. Once Madden caters to both crowds an instant improvement will be made. Until then they will continue to chase their tails looking for phantom consumers that do not exist.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
This^^^ I could not have said it better myself. Once Madden caters to both crowds an instant improvement will be made. Until then they will continue to chase their tails looking for phantom consumers that do not exist.
Those phantom consumers need to stop buying DLC and Facebook Applications.

What really frost my cookies is that when you pop in Madden, it's not about playing the game anymore, it's all about adding more $ out of your pocket to enhance the game.

I also understand this is the wave of the future.

The hardcores(us) can't control the casuals into not purchasing facebook apps and DLC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #46
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

IMO, the worst thing they put into the game this year, is the Rivalry. When you play these games your QB absolutely stinks. I tweak my sliders, and for the Rivalry games, it seems you have to up the sliders or your QB will have horrible accuracy. And IMHO their shouldn't be multiple Rivalry's, but one maybe two. Packers/Bears, Cowboys/Redskins, Raiders/Chiefs, Dolphins/Jets, etc.

I also wish they would fill us in on what exactly the sliders affect, as it seems they can affect multiple areas of the game.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Lack of competition ruined Madden, so I don't expect Madden to ever become great again until another video game company is able to make NFL games on Xbox 360 and PS3. I'll again expect mediocrity for Madden 12 and Madden 13, and after that I hope this horrible exclusive license is finally over and we can finally have a CHOICE of NFL football games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »